IRM Bubbles Almost Sold Out. Would you like more?

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

IRM Bubbles Almost Sold Out. Would you like More?   

81 members have voted

1. 1. What livery should we do?

• Ivory with Irish Cement Logos
    • Ivory with CIE Roundels
    • Orange
    • Original Slate Grey

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/01/19 at 18:04

I dod vote for grey as i only was permitted one choice but would also definately have purchased further orange under different serial numbers ( i already have 3 of E and 3 of F). A batch of 250 of each might keep everyone happy and enhance what modellers may already have. I know a further run of the Irish cement logo bubbles will sell as there was huge demand for what at the time was a limited release and more ivories in CIE would always be welcome seeing how long they remained in that livery, many until their end of day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dead Kennedy said:

I dod vote for grey as i only was permitted one choice but would also definately have purchased further orange under different serial numbers ( i already have 3 of E and 3 of F). A batch of 250 of each might keep everyone happy and enhance what modellers may already have. I know a further run of the Irish cement logo bubbles will sell as there was huge demand for what at the time was a limited release and more ivories in CIE would always be welcome seeing how long they remained in that livery, many until their end of day.

Thanks Alan, we appreciate the vote and feedback, though you should've been able to vote for multiple subjects. 

I can see future orange and ivory with roundel being done again in the future, I guess the bubbles show us to be a victim of our own success as we probably didnt make enough of each in the first place, same with ballasts. It was very much a 'toe in the water' exercise at the time to see how they would sell. It does show that there is an appetite for more, but we do have to be cautious and not make too many, especially considering how much more new stuff we have coming down the line and it's best to space out re-runs a bit where possible. So, they might get a re-run this year, or some liveries might get done now, and some in another year or two, or we might leave it a while. We havent decided yet! Great to see such positive feedback from most people though. 

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

Well I guess there is an exception to prove any rule. The vast majority of customers I talk to has an insatiable appetite for wagons, be they Irish or British and we aim to keep it fed. 😊

Hi Fran. Apologies, I wasn't being negative, as well you know I have heaped praise on these superb wagons, but there are limits to how much stock I as a modeller can buy and store on the layout. The well is only so deep and despite my appetite for more, there is a point where I need to learn to be 'content' with what I already have.  I went over the top with 141/181s and ended up off-loading some because they could not fit on the layout, were just being wasted and not put to use. Sure I have two rakes of the bubbles alone, and ballasts and taras. :) Keep producing, I for one will be glad the 'insatiable appetite' of others may fund more interesting wagon prototypes. There will be no room left on the layout for my Black'n'Tan oldies nor my CIE era goods wagons. I've already purged the layout of nearly all of my BR outline stock. Keep going you guys are playing a blinder. Noel

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...