IRM Bubbles Almost Sold Out. Would you like more?

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

IRM Bubbles Almost Sold Out. Would you like More?   

81 members have voted

1. 1. What livery should we do?

• Ivory with Irish Cement Logos
    • Ivory with CIE Roundels
    • Orange
    • Original Slate Grey

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/01/19 at 18:04

35 minutes ago, mmie353 said:

Being curious, how many votes per item would you need to consider another run? 

We’re not sure yet, but it’s open for a week so let’s see where it goes!

of course any new packs would have new running numbers, we’ve found some for Irish Cement recently...

Cheers,

Fran

18 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Factory weathering just doesnt cut the mustard in our view. 

Yes I tend to agree. Its just some folks don't have the gear or confidence to do it themselves and even factory weathering like on some of the MM locos while smacks of a loco passing a spray along a production lines does take the bright plastic shine of some pristine models and gives them a gentle weathered/aged effect.

• Like 1

My inner voice says if you make it I will pay,  but my bank manager is probably saying your stretching our wallets.  So listening to the inner voice I'm voting for grey.

I'll also vote for you putting out some 121's as we'll be dead waiting for Paddy.  What about a Luas or Dart. 

13 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

I did the vote online already....

Vote early and vote often, as they used to say in Belfast!

I believe you've sourced good quality colour pics of original grey in IRM Towers, correct? Must look at jhb171Senior’s pics to see if there’s anything there.

We do JB, just not sure we have permission to publish them online, which is a killer, but we're having an online did around to see if we can find any to show people. I think @Irishswissernie may have some, albeit in black and white?

For some reason, the “roundels” were of non-standard size, not only on this original grey layout, but on the orange livery too, as seen on the IRM models (accurately portrayed as such). I have no idea why.

My recollection is that the wagons were slightly darker grey than the slightly lighter shade seen on covered vans after about 1960. Could have been cement dust, though.

Haven't been on the site this week. Just found out about this. Rake of cement grey please! ... although I'm not surprised by the Irish cement logo voting. I have one pack of these just for nostalgia/display but that's where it'll end for me. It's nice to see that this is being considered so that the bubbles are not 'gone forever'

On 1/24/2019 at 3:08 AM, Noel said:

A few grey and orange bubbles colour wise would look great in a formation. 

That's a good point Noel. I have  orange and CIE ivory ready for a mixed rake, but I hadn't though of that. I'm not sure I've seen a picture of a mixed rake of slate grey & newly introduced orange 

Edited by DiveController
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, golly45pg@gmail.com said:

It looks like most fans fancy ivory with Irish cement logo and the original grey, don't think orange was as popular, but for those whose railway is cement freight, let's have curtain siders and vertical sided wagons for your next projects we need them!

I knew there was a risk that might happen the minute I finished some MIR kits :) :) Bet too that MM ships their 121s the same week I finish the next batch of 3D ones. :dig:

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Noel said:

Almost sold out!  Do you really think I need anymore? :) Drone footage of IRM cement bubble wagons at Woodvale Junction.

IMG_4124l.jpg

We’re actually now completely sold out of bubbles, but can you ever have enough wagons?? 😊

Thanks for voting everyone, keep them coming! 

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, Warbonnet said:

. . . but can you ever have enough wagons?? 😊

Unfortunately the answer to that in terms of expense and available space on a layout is yes. Wagons stored away or left in boxes seem of little benefit. A time fast approaches when I have to be content with the bountiful stock I already have. Enough is enough.

27 minutes ago, Noel said:

Unfortunately the answer to that in terms of expense and available space on a layout is yes. Wagons stored away or left in boxes seem of little benefit. A time fast approaches when I have to be content with the bountiful stock I already have. Enough is enough.

Well I guess there is an exception to prove any rule. The vast majority of customers I talk to has an insatiable appetite for wagons, be they Irish or British and we aim to keep it fed. 😊