UP Big Boy 4014.

Rate this topic

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, mmie353 said:

Well I was hoping for a Big Boy model this year but it is beyond me, especially at the price for this Trix $1,000 model, but the detail is awesome - 

Take a look at the Athearn model, which is the most recent and most accurately detailed, and about half the price. The Trix range is mainly two-rail versions of Märklin products, so have that residual 'collectors premium' factored into the price...

@Garfield Yeah the Athearn would have been the one that I was targeting but with the 121's and I pulled the trigger on the sound decoders for them, and I want to get a couple of more A classes, plus I am going to try and get sound decoders for them also, and other items as well as trying to get my layout started this weekend, I can't do it this time round, but the Big Boy gets released every few years so I will hopefully then get one at some point. For now, trying to get as much Irish stuff as I can. 

• Like 1

@DiveController may have a point but this year is the year where I am finally trying to get a layout together. Got my room finished where it is going so I am hoping to get to the store this weekend and get me some plywood. Still one can hope that a Big Boy will arrive...

Edited by mmie353
  • Like 1