The Road freight section at Tara junction

Rate this topic

ttc0169

• 4 weeks later...

An early 1990s scene being recreated here as we see an Irish rail ERF tractor unit with a tri axle bulk cement tanker commence operating from the cement silo area of the Lakeview freight yard as unloading of two axle bubble cement wagons has commenced. 

53B06021-CAE2-49C3-B99F-38129CE78F2B.jpeg

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

But boss, the truck won't earn much money with only eight ton's on. You know the trailer carries  20 ton's and I'm paid by results!  🤠  For you truckers out there, please load your fertilizer in solid blocks , imagine what will happen in the event of a sudden stop. The pallets will move and try to escape off the trailer, even over the head board.  Now who is going to be the first to tie a drivers "dolly" to rope the load on. In 4mm scale?  :dig:

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 21/6/2020 at 5:32 PM, ttc0169 said:

The old reliable AEC CIE articulated truck from the 1970s-1990s period complete with the BELL container.....

IMG_E4919.JPG

Can you please tell me where I can get hold of one of these AEC models my late Father drove one for CIE and I would love to have one on my layout 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

Can you please tell me where I can get hold of one of these AEC models my late Father drove one for CIE and I would love to have one on my layout 

As DJ has said they are from the EFE range of trucks,repainted into the black and white livery of CIE road freight services-a particular favourite of mine on the layout. 

• Informative 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/12/2023 at 11:41 PM, ttc0169 said:

Two of @Arran lovely Freightliner 20’ containers arrived into the Lakeview freight yard this evening and pose alongside their 40’ counterparts….after being unloaded they are now in storage prior to loading out on the Waterford bound BELL liner on Monday morning. 

IMG_2572.jpeg

IMG_2574.jpeg

IMG_2573.jpeg

HI All

It's nice to see them in context in a yard .

If only i could go back in time with a digital camera!!!!  every press of the shutter button cost cash back then .

Regards Arran 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...