Charwelton into the 80's

Rate this topic

Si2020

• 3 weeks later...

These things are like Gremlins, detail and weather then after midnight and they multiply!! 😄

ASMY0938.thumb.JPG.f9ed6ff2814fa4d7a05a002627ef44e7.JPG

This was taken whilst the PW team were testing the rack in the yard as being the crazy bunch that we are......... we plan on shunting a rake of grampus (or is it Grampi?? 🤔) into the yard!!

Good job we have a breakdown crane!!

Edited by Si2020
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 28/2/2022 at 11:13 AM, Blaine said:

Crab/Dace rake looks good. A rapidly developing manufacturer should consider making them....

Thanks for the kind wirds. Just for you info all those are Grampus in that rake or is it grampie?

We do have a crab but it is now never moved after things went wrong at a show when it was moved. Its developed an aura like a lucky rabbits foot. 😀

19 hours ago, Si2020 said:

Thanks for the kind wirds. Just for you info all those are Grampus in that rake or is it grampie?

We do have a crab but it is now never moved after things went wrong at a show when it was moved. Its developed an aura like a lucky rabbits foot. 😀

Grampii?

Easy to get lost in the sheer variety of sea-life.....

• Agree 1

On 2/3/2022 at 3:45 PM, Blaine said:

Grampii?

Easy to get lost in the sheer variety of sea-life.....

Not helped by us adding more to the collection, think we may have another 3/4 types of sea-life making their debut at Perth.

6 hours ago, Si2020 said:

Not helped by us adding more to the collection, think we may have another 3/4 types of sea-life making their debut at Perth.

Know the feeling, I've a small mountain of Cambrian kits along with other stuff collected over the years, something very calming about assembling Cambrian Salmon/Sturgeon/Tench kits though, especially when you look at flangeways attempts

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Blaine said:

Thats a great photo, is the backscene here part of the photo or photoshopped in??

Its been photoshopped in. The photo was taken for an article that we had published about the layout in the May 2019 issues of British Railway Modelling Magazine.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2022 at 8:17 PM, StevieB said:

I saw Charwelton in its original guise at, I believe, Wells many years ago. It was impressive then, as it is now.

Stephen

Thanks Stephen. We never saw it when the Wolverhapton club origonally had it, only in videos and photos. Not sure why with the amount of shows we have attended with other layouts.

The first time we unpacked it after getting it we were impressed with it. you dont realise how big 40ft is until you see it in the flesh.

Its taken quite a bit of work to get it to where it is now DCC wise and has caused some head scratching but we can't wait to get out with it in June at Perth as we have a few suprises both on and off the layout that will be debuting at the show.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Really love the weathering on that back wall.  Also the goods yard looks excellent - nice tones & good use of grass to give a used, but not overly tended space.

Looking good.

Edited by KMCE
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, KMCE said:

Really love the weathering on that back wall.  Also the goods yard looks excellent - nice tones & good use of grass to give a used, but not overly tended space.

Looking good.

Thanks for the kind comments, I will pass them on to Dave who is the scenry side of the team. When we first got the layout it was just a backscne all the way down and it was thought a bit of a corrigated wall would add a bit of intrest to the area.

• 3 weeks later...

With Perth less than 7 days away, well the journey North starts on Thursday. There has been a few last minutes tasks to complete and finish off those last few bits of stock making thier debut at the show.

IMG_0165.thumb.JPG.137a81b174df0f8006302addf0b8f759.JPG

Just a few bits for weathering.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_1037.thumb.JPG.6c20268e39735949c50d6a25f63d3d29.JPG

So we made it home from the Perth exhibition after a great weekend.

Had a few gremlins due to the heat in the hall but on the whole we had a great weekend and the layout was well recived.

Got small list of bits to do before w head off to Wigan in October.

Apolagise now for the photo dump of the weekend coming over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks

• Like 4

• 6 months later...

Hello all,

Erm where did last year go......answers on a post card please. Well a lots happened since the last post. The next outing of the trainset was Wigan which the guys enjoyed with out me due to external factors preventing me from attending.

So our next show is only 132 days aways and I thought it was about time that I started updating you all with whats been happening.....

So to kick things off here is a very nice Deltic (no prizes for who made the model 😉) on a sunday afternoon diversion along the Great Central

BLMB6018.thumb.JPG.7e9909ec2c82d442539acb7cf9fe43d5.JPG

Edited by Si2020
  • Like 7
  • WOW! 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

At any one time, as a group we have lots of projects on the go and I'm no diffrent with 20 currently on the go (not all for Charwelton into the 80s I hasten to add!).

Here is one that I'm on with and that creating one of 2 or possibly 3 breakdown trains that I plan to use across a couple of layouts and a future ones.

The basis for this one is one from Springs Branch Depot in Wigan which as at the top end of the GCR network so it may have travelled down this far.

Whilst the crane is RTR the accompanying coaches and open wagons will have to be scratchbuilt using a mixture of kit chassis and custom etched sides as one of the coaches had a small verander at one end.

IMG_6602.thumb.JPG.ad73995e25ec5725b8bf6d19d93e8546.JPG

This is going to be done along side another project that I'm hoping to be ready for Railex at the end of May. If it makes it I will pop some photos up of it in my workbench thread.

Edited by Si2020
  • Like 9

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/4/2023 at 10:50 PM, Patrick Davey said:

Just been reading through this entire thread - truly amazing and inspirational stuff!!!  Love those class 37s!

Thank you. It's a team effort on the layout and on the 37s. Having a quick look, there is one from everyone of the team in the varoius photos. Just waiting for those very nice Accura blokes to bring out some more Blue 80s ones, Large logo Scottish ones for me personally and then the next layout project can begin, BUT as they say thats another story.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

As i've mentioned before we had a little trip down to the Railex show at Stoke Manderville Staduim. The show was great and we survived even with the heat. One of the few times its been cooler outside than in!!!

IMG_6438.thumb.JPG.161842f8d9f828f0d11e5738e082f51d.JPG

• Like 3