Green Dublin Buses for over 50% off?! Britbus Local Links Now In Stock!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Hi everyone,

Following our recent commissions with Britbus we were informed by the factory that they had produced a batch of the 1/76 scale (OO) MCW Metrorider mini buses in Dublin Bus Localink Green and cream livery from the late 1980s/early 1990s. These have sat unsold in the Britbus warehouse due to a rather poor paint finish. 

203-2.thumb.jpg.49de9e91d634df7e1fef8b8cc98e24f8.jpg

We have done a deal with them to offer them to you at half their retail value. These are sold as seen, factory second models, so please do not expect our usual high standards! However, they do pass the 2ft test and are perfect for layout population, sitting in a garage, on a street at the back of the layout etc. Aside from the rather less than perfect paint finish they are a nicely detailed model with a wealth of separate parts and capture these buses well. 

202-3.thumb.jpg.e3acffcb4663b38b5e4cda8a1113c703.jpg

Two routes are available, 202 to Fettercairn and 203 to Carriglea and represent this small fleet of MCW Metroriders, which were the first buses to be bought new by the then new Dublin Bus following its formation in 1987. 

Localink's Squared off

These are now in stock and available for immediate shipping. The Britbus retail price on these models is €49.99, but we can offer these for €24.95/£19.99 each. 

202-5.thumb.jpg.c2d43ca4f80cdc0d89e7a89ac512a5de.jpg

Stock is limited so if you wish to grab some you can do so by clicking here: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/vehicles

• Like 3

The casting at the front looks a bit rough, and the painted window frames are a little funky, but at that price, you'd be mad not to pick up a handful!

They can easily be angled to show their better features, or sat in the background.

Excellent to accompany those IR livery A Class locos, I imagine?

Thank you for offering them to us!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Tarabuses said:

The photos are, of course, much larger than the model and so exagerates the errors.

I have the model as released by Asianbus but it was only available as route 203.  It is great to now have a second option on route 202.

http://modelbuszone.co.uk/britbus/sd/mrl/mrl-10.htm

Correct Tony. We felt the "warts and all" pics were necessary to set expectations. They're really not that bad but we dont want to dress them up as something perfect either. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

My pair arrived this morning. I'm just getting to have a proper look at them now. 

As highlighted by the guys when they went on sale, the paint job is far from perfect, but it's not that bad either. These are fine for parking up on a layout, and you can't go wrong for the price. 

20210511_195029.thumb.jpg.ecdd6e07f984ed74bc831fe9cc2ccae7.jpg

Think I'll invest in a couple more.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Just received the first half of my MCW Metrorider order today!

Thanks to An Post being the cluster-duck that they are, it has taken just over five months, but some of them have finally arirved!

They are nowhere near as bad as @Warbonnet's example - he really wanted to show the worst of the worst so that nobody could be disappointed.

These are lovely little buses, and one of them is down to around twenty units left!

The other one has no stock counter but I'd assume that they're also limited, so get them while they're hot, folks!

2021-10-07 15.06.29.jpg

2021-10-07 15.05.51.jpg

2021-10-07 15.05.15.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...