Bachmann IE Autoballasters

Rate this topic

BosKonay

Fran the one area where Bachmann have always excelled is in it's freight stock. I remember when they released the JGA in RMC livery, and that still stands the test of time even now. The Cartics are beauties also. Mind you Dapol have been releasing some cracking freight models as well of late.

Rich,

Fran the one area where Bachmann have always excelled is in it's freight stock. I remember when they released the JGA in RMC livery, and that still stands the test of time even now. The Cartics are beauties also. Mind you Dapol have been releasing some cracking freight models as well of late.

Rich,

They sure do Rich, have a few rakes of Bachmann modern wagons and older 4 wheel gear for the BR green period and they're all lovely. Streets ahead of Hornby in this regard.

Yep, seems to be an issue in the curves with them not resetting properly. Brendan will give you a demonstration, I know it's been getting on his tits!

and what a pair they are!! surprised at that happening on brendans layout-no sharp curves there, or could it be that he is running a rake of about 50 wagons?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Bachmann Class 85 electric Rich, and she's a beaut!

From what I have seen of the model Fran I would agree that it is a fantastic model. Bachmann have really opened up a whole new market for modellers of 3rd rail and overhead electric prototypes. The class 350 is a stunning model. The last few years have seen Bachmann move way ahead of the competition regarding quality. The class 70 is a superb model, as are the Autoballasters.

The pre production shots of the Blue Pullman have already got me placing a pre order for one.

Rich,

Not the only think that's different either.

There are a few obvious detail differences all right Fran, and some less obvious. The bogies and the hand wheel would be among the more obvious to the casual observer. There would have to be some plastic cut as well as removing some of the lifting hooks. It can be done and thats all part of the fun of modelling. Changing the Y25 bogies to the correct type might prove to be a bit tricky and costly.

I will invest in some myself and do as much work on the models as I would be happy with. I think the Bachmann models are probably 85% correct for the Irish wagons and that's a good enough percentage to start with.

Rich,

There are a few obvious detail differences all right Fran, and some less obvious. The bogies and the hand wheel would be among the more obvious to the casual observer. There would have to be some plastic cut as well as removing some of the lifting hooks. It can be done and thats all part of the fun of modelling. Changing the Y25 bogies to the correct type might prove to be a bit tricky and costly.

I will invest in some myself and do as much work on the models as I would be happy with. I think the Bachmann models are probably 85% correct for the Irish wagons and that's a good enough percentage to start with.

Rich,

I believe there are differences in the chutes too, but they look fairly close overall.