Bachmann IE Autoballasters

Rate this topic

BosKonay

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

7 hours ago, Noel said:

Looks like a relatively easy respray of Bachmann Rail Track 38-210. No masking needed, one single colour, just a lot of small transfers to be carefully placed. Personally I've not interest in anything yellow, nor PW stuff, so never aspired to respray any rail track stock. I remember seeing a twin pack of Irish rail ones for sale a few years ago for €70 and my jaw nearly dropped thinking no way I'd ever pay €35 each for a wagon especially one that didn't transport either passengers or goods. If one was into yellow PW stuff that sounds like a good deal now compared to buying and respraying RailTrack but its an easy single colour respray.

SSM do the transfers (see below)

F17.jpg

https://www.oliviastrains.com/trains/mt/bachmann-wagons/bachmann-high-capacity-hopper-wagons/bachmann-38-210-jja-autoballaster-generator-in-railtrack-livery/

0ed82465332b724da4f9c984459cd66f.jpg

Also regularly on eBay 

6 hours ago, Mick said:

Noel, 

I think I'll have a go at respraying! Is there any way to get know what shade of yellow would be similar or just trial and error

Hi Mick. I replied here on the original thread rather than hijack the Barrow Street thread. As to shade of yellow, Suggest Trial and error starting with Vallejo or Tamiya yellow out of the bottle. I normally mix paint by eye and put a sample on small test pieces of plastic card that have been primed so that you can see what it looks like when dry. First step I would take is remove the bogies and give the entire model a few coats of Halfords plastic grey primer (or Hycote) to hide the rail track colour and logos. Then and only then a few coats of a suitable shade of yellow. You'll know by eye straight away if it looks right, and can adjust the mix for the next coat. Bare in mind a few coats yellow will be needed on top of a darker colour grey primer. Then a coat of acrylic gloss varnish so that the transfers have a smooth surface to adhere to and the edges of the transfers blend into the gloss varnish. When finished transfers a coat of matt or satin varnish will take it back to the finish you require.

• Like 1