Bachmann IE Autoballasters

Rate this topic

BosKonay

It really is hard to understand why these are priced so high. The typical mark up on Bachmann limited editions in the UK by shops and mags is around 15%. Railtrack hopper RRP by Bachmann for the UK market is £37.75 which means with 15% added would be £43.41. This works out much closer to the Euro price south of the border. The arm is stuck in that little bit further again for modelling irish and this must damage the chances of a quick turn over of stock and the standard wagons being released. I will wait and get my set in Euroland!

Very simple Northman, they arrived into Dublin on Friday and shipped straight away to us, they will arrive with us Monday along with paper work which means we can confirm price. The estimate has always been approx £99 (see recent Bachmann publications too) if it is lower then great, everyone who has pre ordered them is fully aware the price is a guide and will be finalised when they arrive on Monday.

Some final pics. I have some of the English autoballasters so I already knew that these babies were a high quality wagon. But still, credit to Bachmann and the boys from Marks and Grahams, they are lovely. Fantastic finish on them. I'll be holding them in reserve until I can get the correct parts to get them closer to the prototype. They are very close to it already though.

020.jpg

019.jpg

017.jpg

020.jpg

019.jpg

017.jpg

Some final pics. I have some of the English autoballasters so I already knew that these babies were a high quality wagon. But still, credit to Bachmann and the boys from Marks and Grahams, they are lovely. Fantastic finish on them. I'll be holding them in reserve until I can get the correct parts to get them closer to the prototype. They are very close to it already though.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1316[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1317[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1318[/ATTACH]

Fran Dapol were supposed to be releasing a Freightliner HXA wagon, well at least they announced that they were. If they produce the type with the SCT Ber 24.5 bogie they might release the bogies as a spare and that would be one less change to make. They look great BTW and well done Retailers for bringing another fine model of the current scene to the market =D.

Rich,

Rich,

Hi Retro, the Bachmann website shows clearly the Railtrack version is £37.75 rrp. It also shows yet to be released class 47's at £101.60 and if we look at Model Rail Mag Regional Class 47 yet to be released priced £115.95, mark up around 15% on the standard release. So why is it that yellow paint is so expensive or why the mark up of over 30%?? I cannot find any other example of such a ridiculous mark up. Just stating facts not nonsense.

All credit to the lads for the commission.

On the pricing northman, how many special commission wagons do you think the big uk lads sell? Versus the tiny Irish market? We pay a premium in general due to the small size of the market. Simple as.

Almost all Bachmann limited Editions are based on a run size of around 500 / 504 for the UK market the same as the Irish Market. Also the normal hopper can be rerun again for a twin pack with very little artwork. I would happily pay 15 to 20% for this excellent Irish edition but I think alot of people will get to the stage where enough is enough. At least with Murphys you pay the extra for Excellent Irish detailed models.

Very simple Northman, they arrived into Dublin on Friday and shipped straight away to us, they will arrive with us Monday along with paper work which means we can confirm price. The estimate has always been approx £99 (see recent Bachmann publications too) if it is lower then great, everyone who has pre ordered them is fully aware the price is a guide and will be finalised when they arrive on Monday.

Thanks Retro Herbie for answering my question,I like to try and support my local model shops but sometimes prices prevent me from doing so,no offence was meant by my question,thats all it was a simple question.:cool:

Fran Dapol were supposed to be releasing a Freightliner HXA wagon, well at least they announced that they were. If they produce the type with the SCT Ber 24.5 bogie they might release the bogies as a spare and that would be one less change to make. They look great BTW and well done Retailers for bringing another fine model of the current scene to the market =D.

Rich,

Rich,

Are you sure you have the right wagon Rich? The bogies look a bit different to me...

HXA

HXA_370613_WaterOrton_10062011 (211)

Our own Autoballasters (great detail pics from Seamus!)

http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/showthread.php/350-ballasters-being-loaded-in-port

They're a weird looking bogie. Looks like we'll have to continue the research!

I've also just noticed how different and odd the buffers on ours are.

Edited by Warbonnet

Are you sure you have the right wagon Rich? The bogies look a bit different to me...

HXA

HXA_370613_WaterOrton_10062011 (211)

Our own Autoballasters (great detail pics from Seamus!)

http://irishrailwaymodeller.com/showthread.php/350-ballasters-being-loaded-in-port

They're a weird looking bogie. Looks like we'll have to continue the research!

I've also just noticed how different and odd the buffers on ours are.

I've just looked up the SCT website and see that some HXA's have the same bogie after all, http://www.railway-technology.com/contractors/bogies/sct-europe/sct-europe3.html

Apologies Rich!

Guest hidden-agenda

The buffers are the back to front type and Bachmann use them on the mpv as i got a close look at Anthony,s yesterday.

Thanks Retro Herbie for answering my question,I like to try and support my local model shops but sometimes prices prevent me from doing so,no offence was meant by my question,thats all it was a simple question.:cool:

No offence taken mate I saw it as a genuine question. Expect the delivery to arrive early afternoon Monday so will confirm price then. Cheers

The arm is stuck in that little bit further again for modelling irish and this must damage the chances of a quick turn over of stock and the standard wagons being released. I will wait and get my set in Euroland!

Actually with today's exchange rate the Belfast Model Shop is cheaper with the autoballasters compared to Marks Models and Graham's Toymaster

I've just looked up the SCT website and see that some HXA's have the same bogie after all, http://www.railway-technology.com/contractors/bogies/sct-europe/sct-europe3.html

Apologies Rich!

No need for apologies Fran. I remember seeing the HXA's in the UK a few years ago on a visit, I thought they were HHA's at first and the closer they got they looked shorter in lenght. I also saw the bogies under an open bogie box wagon but for the life of me I can't remember the clasification code. I might have to check out Gareth Bayers wagons on the web and see if I can find them.

Rich,