Another Networking Event.

Rate this topic

Broithe

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see any real carriages, so they couldn't be happy anyway , you can't network when your bum hurts.

The guy in the suit is definitely thinking , " where are those nice mk2ds gone "

And the women just misses the park royals , I can tell

Edited by Junctionmad

I don't see any real carriages, so they couldn't be happy anyway , you can't network when your bum hurts.

The guy in the suit is definitely thinking , " where are those nice mk2ds gone "

And the women just misses the park royals , I can tell

Borderline trolling...

I'm surprised they got Cork people to attempt to leave Cork, such is their love of the place. Brave move...

I object to this post & I'm offended - I demand an apology......they didn't leave Cork, they only went as far as Charleville which is still Cork!! (unfortunately!!!!!!!) :ROFL:

I object to this post & I'm offended - I demand an apology......they didn't leave Cork, they only went as far as Charleville which is still Cork!! (unfortunately!!!!!!!) :ROFL:

Offended indeed! :) What's the old joke about taxi drivers in Cork love the bad traffic so much, and not for the increased fare, but so as they don't have to actually leave their beloved city?

On a more serious note, the railway did understand the importance of business passengers up until the late 1990s or so. I'm not just talking about fare revenue but the kudos and influence that such people bring and the way they can advocate for the railway. Then from around the turn of the century, the railway, by then under a new administration, seemed to make a conscious decision that it could do without their custom and essentially walked away from the business. The problem now is likely to be that the corporate knowledge in dealing with such passengers has most likely been lost and will need to be relearnt.

On a more serious note, the railway did understand the importance of business passengers up until the late 1990s or so. I'm not just talking about fare revenue but the kudos and influence that such people bring and the way they can advocate for the railway. Then from around the turn of the century, the railway, by then under a new administration, seemed to make a conscious decision that it could do without their custom and essentially walked away from the business. The problem now is likely to be that the corporate knowledge in dealing with such passengers has most likely been lost and will need to be relearnt.

Irish rail , no doubt , looking at its books, clearly has the view that business fares , which require investment in more expensive rolling stock and particularly in the provision of catering , is not a useful business. Undoubtably with the completion of the motorways , most company car driving executives will use that superior network over rail travel.

In that regards I agree that such facilities on the railway will never likely return. There is a clear policy that inter urban rail is essentially to be treated like a big dart system, with the emphasis on commuter style trains , short hop " comfort " facilities and minimalist services

"A typical (BR) ham sandwich would contain one slice of ham with another slice folded in half and placed diagonally over the first one. When the sandwich was cut diagonally it would make it appear that it contained three slices of ham when in reality it only contained two."

It's all about presentation - apparently.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...