Jump to content

Dempsey

Members
  • Posts

    535
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

Everything posted by Dempsey

  1. Oh I've been looking at plenty of pictures for inspiration.
  2. Thanks rob, much appreciated
  3. While I do not pretend to be an expert I submit my own attempt for your viewing
  4. I've really enjoyed the comparison video between older models and today offerings and the reviews are very well done I think
  5. Nice job. What was the base loco?
  6. Could we see reopening of any closed lines which would be a potential benefit to the network and rail travel as a by product?
  7. That is excellent work. Very informative
  8. Which is great as it has allowed the range of detailed irish models to grow. We've seen with MM upcoming re-releases that demand is there so maybe 141/181/071 aren't outside the realm of possibly
  9. Good point. It is unfortunate to think that there maybe people who have turned their back on the hobby because they can't afford the stock they want.
  10. Well maybe with the upcoming releases of 201s it could be a possibility depending on how these sell?
  11. Now that is a idea and a half in my eyes. I'll talk two of each
  12. The two 071s that were up before it finished up near the 300 mark. Crazy money all round
  13. It would remind you of when manufacturers starting applying their own form of "weathering" to locomotives. Just a quick blast and job done.
  14. Congratulations that's fantastic
  15. Just paid off 048 today. Looking forward to seeing this locomotive in the flesh so to speak.
  16. Great news
  17. Looks like they weren't meant for me.
  18. I just don't have the same nostalgia towards them as many on here. While i have a 121 and it is a extremely detailed model and have an A class on order the 071 is for me what those youve mentioned are to others. I dont want to buy locomotives I'll get no nostalgic feeling out of and take away from the pool of those that do on a chance that someone might trade
  19. Yeah and they're quickly approaching my budget.
  20. I didn't notice that. Very good point. Even so there maybe some interest and last minute buyers
  21. Ive bid on them but I'm not going to win. Last minute snipers and I'm not going any higher
  22. Dempsey

    071 class

    I remember when i got back into the hobby the first model i bought was an 071. Looking back now i wish i had bought more for as they are rare to come by. I think over time re-runs will become more and more possible regardless of the model. The upcoming mk3 and mk2s for example will see prices reduce from what can be found on ebay
  23. That result is excellent Noel
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use