Orange Is The New Black - Iconic Mark 2B and 2C Coaches Announced

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Hi 

Well mine landed but only just, box trashed enroute and only 75mm of carboard holding in the box with crushed and torn outer, just dumped by DPD in a public area, ho hum!! 

However the policy of a plastic sleeve outer does mean the box and even more importantly the contents survived and are brilliant.  Looking forward to running and playing with the lights and the wand - little things please little minds etc. 

Just need to go Dutch gents for those without the Fox  EGV model. 

Robert  

• Like 4

The lights are sublime on these. You can just picture them on a wintry Friday evening service to some far flung provincial town, packed with people glad of the warmth inside. Absolutely cracking models. I bought the two IR sets and one IE set (to get the buffet) with a view to selling the three black roofed IE ones on but I can't part with them now. I model 1995ish so the black roof is a no-go so I'll be respraying the roof in all over orange.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, murphaph said:

The lights are sublime on these. You can just picture them on a wintry Friday evening service to some far flung provincial town, packed with people glad of the warmth inside. Absolutely cracking models. I bought the two IR sets and one IE set (to get the buffet) with a view to selling the three black roofed IE ones on but I can't part with them now. I model 1995ish so the black roof is a no-go so I'll be respraying the roof in all over orange.

I’m certainly with you on this one with the orange v black roofs I was going to something similar but have decided to hold onto them too .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, murphaph said:

Happened when the Cravens sets went through a rough patch with the GSVs breaking down and steam heating pipes puncturing during the winter of 1995-they were replaced by Mk2 a/bs on the 17:00 to Ballina on Fridays only-a welcome change for the passengers and added more variety for me with 2x121/141 and 071s working the trains. 

• Like 1
  • Informative 2