RTE Nationwide CDR

Rate this topic

airfixfan

Let's hope it's better researched than some of their railway-themed programmes in the past........

Look out for an authentic clip of a 141 class with ferts leaving Stranorlar in, oh, I'd say some time in the 1850s, as the colour in the film isn't great..... or a nice view of the Wexford Goods in the Barnesmore Gap, to the tune of "Are ye right there Michael are ye right".........  and learn how, as the last narrow gauge railway (with just three yards between the rails), it closed down on 31st December 1970..........

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Westcorkrailway said:

Something of note is that it seems the poor presenter had to travel all the way to Belfast in a 29k 

Someone told me at some stage that the presenter, the excellent Anne Cassin, had relatives on the railway herself........... yes, she seems to have travelled on a 29. Mad things to put on the Enterprise - why not an ICR?

RTE included a shot of Inchicore Works, footgae of T & D cattle trains at Castlegregory junction, and interior shots of a driver in a West Clare "F" class diesel. Typical lazy research. Airfixfan, of this parish, was of course featured, along with several of our good colleagues from the Donegal Railway Heritage Centre and RPSI Whitehead.

Why, oh why, oh why, though, have they a black dome on "Drumboe"! Fix it, lads, fix it before I run outta smelling salts..........!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, jhb171achill said:

RTE included a shot of Inchicore Works, footgae of T & D cattle trains at Castlegregory junction, and interior shots of a driver in a West Clare "F" class diesel. Typical lazy research.

At least it didn't have A4 Pacifics this time!

Another blooper was mention of 'two railway companies in Donegal', they forgot about the poor old GNR.

They had some excellent ACTUAL CDR/LSR footage. I wouldn't mind but there isn't really a shortage of still CDR/LSR images they could've used instead of stock 'old timey train' footage trotted out for such features.

Imagine the uproar if they had gotten sports teams and personalities from different counties mixed up!

• Like 3