N Scale - where to buy...

Rate this topic

NGuage

Hi,

Just starting out Model Railway.  I have a small DCC set.  I don't have much space so decided to go N Scale.  I am slowing building up track for a project.  I am going to use the Fleischmann N Scale range.  I am finding that it is not readily available in Ireland.  Am I wrong, perhaps I am looking in the wrong places?  Does anyone else use Fleischamnn for their layout?  Just wondering if anyone could recommend anywhere to buy stuff. 

For new stuff I am dealing with an online shop in Germany that seem good value, and for the track I am buying what I can on ebay but again seems to be mostly mainland Europe sellers selling things.  Can anyone recommend anywhere else to check?

I am getting the scenery on the slow boat from China via Ali Express :)

thanks

• Like 1

Hi NGuage

For European outline stock, Hattons, Kernow Modelrailways and A and H Models in England have a selection. From Germany check out ModelbahnKramm. Sean Ryan who attends some  of the larger exhibitions and the Bray train and model fair has a good selection.

MikeO

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mayner said:

Kato Unitrak  https://www.unitrack-kato.com/ has a very good reputation among N Scale modellers with the advantage of being ready ballasted, may be a better option than Peco or other track systems

Fabulous system: with built in point motors and electrical connections. Designed for Japanese homes where layouts are often temporary affairs on the floor. Can be painted and disguised with scenic stuff to look better on a permanent layout. Although if using a ready made layout like that you may be tied in to a particular brand of track favoured by the designer. Here’s pics of my Kato stuff  anyway….all sold to feed my O gauge obsession! It was great fun setting up a layout for a night and watching 8 coach trains speed through the station, doing some shunting when you felt like it. Locos and stock are also cheaper than German equivalents, whilst being mechanically on a par if not even superior at times. 

IMG_1724.jpeg

IMG_1272.jpeg

IMG_0764.jpeg

IMG_0753.jpeg

IMG_0482.jpeg

Edited by Galteemore
  • Like 2