New Provincial Wagons for Bangor

Rate this topic

leslie10646

Just opened the boxes!

First, a near repeat: 1681N, ex GNR Bagged Cement van in grey with two tone "Broken Wheel".

IMG_3116.thumb.jpg.d6947b01b8d117b613b7421321f2b717.jpg

and now for something complete;y different, 1069N, the same type of wagon but as they ran late in their lives. First the original:

ScreenShot2024-01-07at22_49_59.jpg.24f0c9c37beeddd5f6a5a4a7f92a21e2.jpg

and now the model.

IMG_3121.thumb.jpg.11dd0c7cc233f1f30fda3e31d42ecc94.jpg

Plenty of opportunity for the weathering experts here!

• Like 12
  • Agree 2
  • WOW! 1

40 minutes ago, Georgeconna said:

When in Bangor Ideal to post these from NI to the lads down the other end of the country..... :)

Thanks, George, making work for me. Easier to get a pal to pick one up for you in Bangor and hand it over when you next see each other!

24 minutes ago, DB JOE said:

Like to get my hands on two of each if there is any left after Bangor

Same applies, Joe! There WILL be plenty left, for Bangor is the wrong end of the country to sell CIE wagons (?).

9 hours ago, leslie10646 said:

Thanks, George, making work for me. Easier to get a pal to pick one up for you in Bangor and hand it over when you next see each other

Yes I would certainly be interested in a couple of the brown ones, they look smashing. But I don't have any pals going to Bangor. I don't even know what a Bangor is😉If you could do postage after the show Leslie, I would definitely be interested. Will the price be something similar to the bagged cement wagons?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, derek said:

Yes I would certainly be interested in a couple of the brown ones, they look smashing. But I don't have any pals going to Bangor. I don't even know what a Bangor is😉If you could do postage after the show Leslie, I would definitely be interested. Will the price be something similar to the bagged cement wagons?

Do you have any pals? 🤔🤣

• Funny 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks, Derek. Bangor is the N Down MRC's exhibition on 23/24 March.

The grey job will be £18, the Brown 'un £17, or £34 the pair! Postage to RoI will have to be a little extra.

PM me with an address and we'll see what I might do. If you're in UK, you can have them earlier!

Edited by leslie10646
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, leslie10646 said:

Thanks, Derek. Bangor is the N Down MRC's exhibition on 23/24 March.

The grey job will be £18, the Brown 'un £17, or £34 the pair! Postage to RoI will have to be a little extra.

PM me with an address and we'll see what I might do. If you're in UK, you can have them earlier!

Thanks Leslie. Wow what an offer- 17 for one or 34 for the pair😄 You should have my address from our previous exchanges, but I will gladly send it to you again. Derek

• Funny 1

Yes Mr B from Limerick or thereabouts - you're lucky - there were only three Dereks in my database: one very regrettably deceased, one is an eminent member of the N Down MRC so you must be yon ither yin.

I'll send you a suitably inflated bill.

Thanks

Leslie

• Funny 2

23 hours ago, leslie10646 said:

Thanks, George, making work for me. Easier to get a pal to pick one up for you in Bangor and hand it over when you next see each other!

Same applies, Joe! There WILL be plenty left, for Bangor is the wrong end of the country to sell CIE wagons (?).

Just a though!!

Doubt anyone from Cork will be going, I used to drive to Connolly and then train up, enjoyable day but its too expensive now and tiring.

Bit of a killer adding  the postage, Plus Vat plus Customs clearance fee put me off ordering from the UK now, Brings it to around €52.00.

Fingers crossed you might do any run for the Oct show. Got the previous ones there and very nice they are.

Edited by Georgeconna
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

Just a though!!

Doubt anyone from Cork will be going, I used to drive to Connolly and then train up, enjoyable day but its too expensive now and tiring.

I have managed to limit myself to one pilgrimidge to Northern Ireland per year so far….

starting the day at 5AM and ending it at 12AM just for a few hours in d’North is an expensive and mentally draining excercise….and before you ask some of work the weekeends….so hotel is off the cards too, unless it’s in Dublin and that’s 💶💶💶

• Like 1

20 hours ago, leslie10646 said:

Yes Mr B from Limerick or thereabouts - you're lucky - there were only three Dereks in my database: one very regrettably deceased, one is an eminent member of the N Down MRC so you must be yon ither yin.

I'll send you a suitably inflated bill.

Thanks

Leslie

Yes Leslie, I am yon ither yin ok( I think)🥴 I will send you a PM to confirm order, thanks. 

3 hours ago, leslie10646 said:

€75 including postage for just one wagon?

Triple the price, @leslie10646, don't just double it!

https://www.ebay.es/itm/266704807557

Screenshot_20240306-183134.png

• Funny 1

• 5 weeks later...

WEBSITE UPDATED (AT LAST!)

No, my ability to update using Wordpress, is no better, but I have managed to to list (with photos) all my present offerings. See:

https://provincialwagons.com

READY TO RUN: In particular, can I mention that I have a very few  RTR Open wagons built from  my GNR Open wagon kit, a couple of UTA Brown vans and painted and decorated examples of all six bakery containers. Photos of the actual wagons are dotted about on the website.

The latest CIE vans are, of course, still available.

Have a look, please.

• Like 8