Amiens Street Terminus

Rate this topic

Admin

• 2 weeks later...

14 lengths of flex track droppered, 6 points prepped, droppered and adjusted and a partridge in the pear tree :)

Felt proud of my 45 minutes soldering, so while there are no photos, felt I should post :)

This should be enough now for the laying of the mainline loop (single track for now)!

There's an exception to every rule. By it's very nature, it's sheer size, a large major city terminus should be very difficult to model in anything like a convincing manner, whereas small country termini can fit into a modest spare bedroom! But this one's the exception - a city terminus with truly amazing realism and the highest level of skills we've seen in Irish modelling. Keep 'er lit! Love the viaduct, the trackwork and realistic edging of ballast, super-elevation, filthy 141 pilot engine, fantastically weahered bulk trains...... brings me right back!

There's an exception to every rule. By it's very nature, it's sheer size, a large major city terminus should be very difficult to model in anything like a convincing manner, whereas small country termini can fit into a modest spare bedroom! But this one's the exception - a city terminus with truly amazing realism and the highest level of skills we've seen in Irish modelling. Keep 'er lit! Love the viaduct, the trackwork and realistic edging of ballast, super-elevation, filthy 141 pilot engine, fantastically weahered bulk trains...... brings me right back!

That sums it up perfectly.

Some general updates, have been busy mainly laying mainline!

Some shots of the now complete station throat / junction with the mainline and a relatively quiet terminus with a single A rumbling on platform 5 with a local service.

IMG_4577.jpg

IMG_4576.jpg

IMG_4572.jpg

IMG_4565.jpg

Edited by BosKonay

Been laying track like a madman - finally reached the over stairs bridge....

Big push tomorrow, and I'll take some photo updates, perhaps even a video.

Though of course now that its down, I'm not 100% happy with the curvature of the mainline around the station throat :)