Gaa

Rate this topic

201bhoy

Great day in Croke Park yesterday on the Hill' date=' superb atmos especially for the dubs. Tyrone were a disgrace, hope Mayo get through and hammer them in the semis! Who does everyone here support?[/quote']

Been made go to see Cavan today as herself is half-Cavan. Went last week and supported London. Didn't go down well!

Suppose it would be Dublin and London for myself. Prefer the stick fighting myself to be honest!

Ya and you should be winning a double every year as you play all the games at home

I think a lot of Dubs would be delighted if the home of GAA was dug up and relocated elsewhere. Stop you lot coming up and moaning about Dublin all the time and clogging up our streets! ;)

I think a lot of Dubs would be delighted if the home of GAA was dug up and relocated elsewhere. Stop you lot coming up and moaning about Dublin all the time and clogging up our streets! ;)

I think a lot of us who live in the shadow of croker wouldn't agree, it's the only time the garda numbers are at civilised numbers. And as far as Dub fans are concerned? The greatest shower of fairweather fans I've ever seen. Rainy friday night for a league match in Parnell Park and you'd be lucky to fill a DART with the Dubs fans at it. Leinster final, and the "cardigan-round-the-light-blue-short-sleeved-shirt" brigade turn up for their annual northside pilgrimmage. Give em a double header in croker like last week, and the dubs only show up to watch themselves, not bothering with the other match on. And ask them to name more than 5 on the panel, and apparently Jason Sherlock is still playing.

. :dig:

Anyhoo Treatymen to take Liam McCarthy south, Mayo to take Sam wesht.

R.

I'm not really sure playing in front of such huge crowds gives the Dubs that much of an advantage, they often bottle it because of the pressure. Whilst I do admit that there is a fickle element to a lot of their fans, I don't really think there is another county that could bring that noise of atmosphere to a match. I was on the Hill when McManaman scored the goal and it really did shake. I've never seen so many grown men cry in my life! C'mon Mayo for Sam (family from there), and Limerick or Dubs for Liam!

What about an IRM group meeting after the hurling on Sunday... Anyone going?

I ll be there but "the boss" will be with me i ll be easy to see as i ll be wearing me deise jersey in the middle of the cork fans!!!

Still though i convinced herself to take the train so looking forward to the icr to the big smoke:banana:

Edited by Riversuir226

I think a lot of us who live in the shadow of croker wouldn't agree, it's the only time the garda numbers are at civilised numbers. And as far as Dub fans are concerned? The greatest shower of fairweather fans I've ever seen. Rainy friday night for a league match in Parnell Park and you'd be lucky to fill a DART with the Dubs fans at it. Leinster final, and the "cardigan-round-the-light-blue-short-sleeved-shirt" brigade turn up for their annual northside pilgrimmage. Give em a double header in croker like last week, and the dubs only show up to watch themselves, not bothering with the other match on. And ask them to name more than 5 on the panel, and apparently Jason Sherlock is still playing.

. :dig:

Anyhoo Treatymen to take Liam McCarthy south, Mayo to take Sam wesht.

R.

I wouldnt be bothered with them either. I was there for London last week and this week was Cavan for herself. I kept screaming 'handball!' every time some clown picked it up but all I got was funny looks ;)

Fair play to the Deise, cracking game against the cats in the minor. The Dubs have nothing to be shameful about. They played a higher standard of hurling this year than either Tipp, Galway, or Kilkenny, and I can see them being genuine contenders from now on. Roll on next weekend!

• 1 month later...