f 16 1/32 tamiya

Rate this topic

A4mallard

Thanks for the comments, the decals on the model seem to look outlined in the image i think it might be the flash on the camera or maybe it needed a flash on the

camera, As usual Tamiya kits are the best to build but too expensive.

George the work on the JU88 is one of the nicest builds i've seen in a long time and then i seen your lancaster, wow.

regards

bren

I have a 1/24 Airfix Spitfire that I bought on impulse in Smiths last year. You're tempting me to actually build it with those shots.

('twas to make up for the 1/32nd scale Matchbox kit Santa DIDN'T get to bring me back in '78).

MatchboxPK501Spit%2024.jpg

And yet...this too is purchasable!

http://www.oldmodelkits.com/index.php?detail=7335

I'll be honest lads, the years just disappeared when I found the above image to post up. A great feeling! I even recalled how I used to drool over the detail of the cockpit illustration.

Edited by Weshty

Des,

I have one of these old Matchbox spits in the loft mate complete in its box!!! The Revell 1/32 spit is the same tooling if you want a bash of of that..Might be persuaded to give it a good home if your a good boy.

G

Set it aside George for me, set it aside.

Weshty,

I remember holding that model in P. Davies, in Tallaght Village i was a kid i'd say it was 78 as well.

The only models i owned at the time was a box of matchbox british infantry 1/76 scale.

The selling point for matchbox was you got one more figure in the box than airfix.

They were lovely kits. At a time when some of the Airfix kits were showing their age with flashing and warping etc. (my B24 was a dog!), the Matchbox mouldings were very crisp and new, and multicoloured.

They also did cars and there was even a sprue with chrome detailing for the wheels and bumpers.

Though I didn't get the 1/32 Spitfire, I did get the 1/24th Stuka two years later. An animal of a kit!!

Some awe inspiring stuff there lads. We can learn a lot from the aircraft modellers from kit building skills to tips on neat decal application and top notch paint jobs. That and the models themselves are lovely!

Bren showed me B-17 kit in person. The castings look fantastic. Going to be a savage build when it's finished!

Ok Des, I will bring it to the show in November.

Revell seem to have all the Matchbox kits and have released them slowly over the last couple of years, The latest Aircraft ones were the Stranraer, Canberra, Puma, Heinkel 115, Twin Otter, Corvette, HP Victor and many more so they have not gone away, just one colour and in a new box!! The current Revell 1.76 range is the old Matchbox tanks with the little Dio. Great fun!!

Thing is to watch out for Revell Boxing Hasegawa kits, Half the Asking price!!! Check out the Current He.111

Ok Des, I will bring it to the show in November.

Revell seem to have all the Matchbox kits and have released them slowly over the last couple of years, The latest Aircraft ones were the Stranraer, Canberra, Puma, Heinkel 115, Twin Otter, Corvette, HP Victor and many more so they have not gone away, just one colour and in a new box!! The current Revell 1.76 range is the old Matchbox tanks with the little Dio. Great fun!!

Thing is to watch out for Revell Boxing Hasegawa kits, Half the Asking price!!! Check out the Current He.111

Sound man George!