Diesel Refuelling Point

Rate this question

Kirley

Question

22 answers to this question

I'd say eiretrains.com has a fair few photos of some refuelling points.

Thin on the ground but there is one

http://eiretrains.com/Photo_Gallery/Railway%20Stations%20L/Limerick/IrishRailwayStations.html#Limerick_20111001_002_CC_JA.jpg. There is a loco stabling point with oil wagons further on up the line, but I've yet to locate a photo Kieran. I have a feeling Scahalane may have some of refuelling areas in Cork, or Finnyus on Flickr also. Busy tonight but will have a snout around tomorrow. R.

For earlier scences, refuelling points were pretty informal in outlying areas, oil storage tank(s) and small pump house with yellow signs with black lettering reading CIE DIESEL FUEL OIL.

True Minister. This is the "arrangement" at Carrick-on-Shannon, which may be more appropriate for Clonmel :D

DSCF1010_sm.jpg

edit: Hey Krose, thanks for those photos! Great link. R.

DSCF1005_sm.jpg

Edited by Glenderg

Two of my favourites.

scan0110.jpg

scan0112.jpg

I was once misguided enough one Friday night to watch the re-fuelling of a pair of 201s rather than check out the bars around Eyer Square. The bunded tank and tripod arrangement seems to date from the 90s, Westport still had a single skinned tank on a concrete base similar to the Ratio Fuel Tank kit http://www.anticsonline.co.uk/1343_1_1039763.html

Those pictures are amazing Krose. A set of MM M11 aircons double headed by a pair of babies would look sweet. I actually hope that will see the MM M11 aircons in super train livery as I remember seeing them for the first time and thinking how cool and modern they were. I think every yard in the country will or did have different kinds of re-fuelling points. If I can get over to Waterford West during the week I will take a few shots of the re-fuelling point and put them in the photos section.

Rich,