Wanted auto-ballaster

Rate this topic

PJR

There were at least three if not 5 standards per genny on prototypical sets

Typical formation is 6 standards with a genny unit at each end. One exception was then they were top and tailed last year working out of Heuston, in that case they were 8 standards with a genny unit at each end but that was the only time that many were used. Irish Rail have 6 genny units and 18 standards, to run as 3 8 unit formations.

I'd definitely be interested in standards (non genny)

I'd love four of them. From what I have seen online and when in Wexford station, it's 6 standard to two generators.

When I asked in Mark's models some time back they said initially they hoped to produce more standard wagons to complete the sets but it was dependant on the manufacturer inviting them to place an order as part of a larger run they were planning.

Be nice to have a few with the newer logo as well.

• 1 month later...
Typical formation is 6 standards with a genny unit at each end. One exception was then they were top and tailed last year working out of Heuston, in that case they were 8 standards with a genny unit at each end but that was the only time that many were used. Irish Rail have 6 genny units and 18 standards, to run as 3 8 unit formations.

Portarlington, 25/4/16