121 Loco

Rate this topic

Sulzer201

Noel I though the same but when you consider the amount of time and effort that was needed and the fact that he had to buy the kit and the chassis, then the price is okay I think? I built my own one of these recently and it takes time to paint etc (great fun), and my effort is not a patch on this one. If I had the dosh I would be very tempted, any idea when Mr. Murphy's yanks will be available?

Noel I though the same but when you consider the amount of time and effort that was needed and the fact that he had to buy the kit and the chassis, then the price is okay I think? I built my own one of these recently and it takes time to paint etc (great fun), and my effort is not a patch on this one. If I had the dosh I would be very tempted, any idea when Mr. Murphy's yanks will be available?

Hi Sulzer, I tend to agree with you, it is a class job from I presume a MIR kit. I would have been very tempted myself but for the imminent arrival on retail shelves of the MM0121 (expected this side of Christmas). Noel

Photo from donedeal.ie

OWYwNzA4NGUyZGQ3Y2RjNzI4M2QwZjNlOTNmOWIxODUA8rsZ6zgheSyg-EgmLaVQaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b182MTQ2NzE5OXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

It is a cracking job and worthy of collector interest as a top class example of what could be achieved with a MIR kit, but will it not become functionally obsolete in 10-12 weeks time when fine scale MM 121s hit the shelves? Agree the SW1500 chassis is a really good runner.

It is a cracking job and worthy of collector interest as a top class example of what could be achieved with a MIR kit, but will it not become functionally obsolete in 10-12 weeks time when fine scale MM 121s hit the shelves? Agree the SW1500 chassis is a really good runner.

No, it'll still work perfectly fine?

Of course it will work, but did demand for MIR derived 141/181 models not dry up quickly when superior MM 141/181s hit the market?

true in one sense, but plenty of people still run their MIR 141s and 071s and enjoy them every day. That 121 is a handbuilt model and as of the time of writing there is no alternative if you want a 121 on your layout.

Unfortunately it will be a lot longer than 10 to 12 weeks till we see them. It's well into next year at the moment.