new layout

Rate this topic

A4mallard

So, not only are you building a half sized Maeve [in time for Christmas], but the smokebox door is going to have a circular layout inside it! Clearly solves the problem of how to fit the Maeve model in the garden - presume it will be mounted vertically, so when the smokebox door is swung open, the layout is ready to operate? Still track and 'Magnadhesian' to stop the trains falling off when in store too?

So, not only are you building a half sized Maeve [in time for Christmas], but the smokebox door is going to have a circular layout inside it! Clearly solves the problem of how to fit the Maeve model in the garden - presume it will be mounted vertically, so when the smokebox door is swung open, the layout is ready to operate? Still track and 'Magnadhesian' to stop the trains falling off when in store too?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7694255.stm

Is that a gauntlet being thrown I see? At half scale, will be 'only' around 10 metres long, with 1 metre diameter drivers, sitting on 2'7.5" track...

Local timber merchants may already be considering exotic foreign holidays!

I remember hearing of a chap that made a big wooden thing like that once, but he used gopher wood.

Never been sure what happened to it..

Is that a gauntlet being thrown I see? At half scale, will be 'only' around 10 metres long, with 1 metre diameter drivers, sitting on 2'7.5" track...

Local timber merchants may already be considering exotic foreign holidays!

Aye, the challenge has been put forth....should it be accepted, now that is the real question...

yes i have seen those pic's when you enlarge them to 1/12 it's hard to retain the detail, i have a little work left on mf and Hueston and few bits on the santa fe i also have to make two tie fighter's and one large asteroid and five small one's I ALSO HAVE TO LOSE 3 STONE SO A BUSY FEW MONTHS AHEAD

Edited by A4mallard

• 1 month later...