For Sale: Bachmann 32-150w 2-6-0 OO Gauge Special Edition Irish CIE N Class K1 Loco No383

Rate this topic

Georgeconna

Hi all,

A second one to Cull is another nice Model, The Bachmann K1 (OR N class) Steam Loco number 383, Very nicely finished in Matt Black

Again this one has never been run, Mint condition, all Detail parts are in the box. As per the piccys the baccy boxes have the usual slight wear n tear on the egdes.

Looking for €140.00 post for this engine, Post Around €10.00 registered in Ireland.

cheers

Geogre

567_6747.JPG

567_6746.JPG

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, jhb171achill said:

The box says N class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whaaaaaaatt!!!!!!!

The N class ran in the Republic of Brexit, not here!!!

Theyre K1s, not "N class"!!!!

Where's my rifle?

It's time to take yer pills and go to the quiet room, JB... :P

• Funny 1

Whoever prints their box labels can come into the quiet room with me, and I will "re-educate" them!

Pills? I've swallowed three bottles of them, and a pint of cough syrup!!!

"N class"! Aaaarrrrgggghhhhhh

OK, I'm in the quiet room now. Goodnight......

A N D...... it appears to have a YELLOW flying snail. Why? No steam engine EVER had a yellow flying snail!

Now I need smelling salts and my toes are curling up.

• Funny 1

16 minutes ago, StevieB said:

At the risk of causing upset, box actually says Irish liveried version of the SR N class mogul. The could have given it the Irish classification of K1. Whether we’ll ever get a RTR U/K1a is anyone’s guess.

Stephen

Tis very true, Stevie!

Surely there's a British RTR version of the actual SR N class?

11 hours ago, Glenderg said:

Since you're clearly having your hot cocoa, I may even do a few tweaks on it, make sure it has that broadstone look? I do like a kettle, but she'll never, sadly, be a Sambo :( 

(That's of course if I get it - @Georgeconna)

It's one loco that probably did have the odd black example in the very late 50s..... grey, obviously, earlier, and also some in lined green I think. All needed would be a EDN snail instead of the yella one!

• 2 months later...
On 3/8/2018 at 12:25 AM, jhb171achill said:

A N D...... it appears to have a YELLOW flying snail. Why? No steam engine EVER had a yellow flying snail!

There is the option of painting white circles on the tender and smoke box and run her as an oil burner, post-war?

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

On 5/13/2018 at 11:32 AM, jhb171achill said:

Absolutely! 

An oil tank would need to be put in the tender, and this makes me realise that I'm unaware of ever seeing a photo of above or inside an Irish oil-burner's tender. Anyone else?

I wouldn't mind seeing that either. It would have to be a shot from a bridge, I suppose ... or maybe the oil tank is bigger than I had envisaged and not cylindrical?

Class J15 - 255 - GS&WR Class 101 0-6-0 - built 1903 by Inchicore Works - 1925 to GSR, 1936 rebuilt with Belpaire boiler, 1945 to CIE - withdrawn 1963 - seen here at Inchicore in 1948 fitted for oil burning.

Edited by DiveController