Waterford Wagon

Rate this topic

15 hours ago, Railer said:

There is one almost identical to that in Northwall yard too stored next to the retired ballast hoppers.

I don't think there's a Lowmac on the North Wall. There's a converted 42' flat wagon with a crane on the end though ? 

DSCF9685.JPG

It's first cousin is this - https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brlowmacwv 

Since they'd have had to push the sideframes out for gauge reasons, the top deck and supporting steel fins would have gone outward too, making it a BR pattern, but CIE-ized to suit. In departmental use for perway and I've only seen  645A, 650A, & 651A, but there might be more. Last inspection date I've seen is 1993, but they were knocking around until 2006, as captured by Mr Gordon Hawkins. 

A Priestman Crawler was it's guest load on that occasion. 

30.3.06   Dublin

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Glenderg said:

I don't think there's a Lowmac on the North Wall. There's a converted 42' flat wagon with a crane on the end though ? 

Right you are Rich, but I could have sworn I got a pic of it right there from the now closed upstairs Odeon Costa across the road from the yard about 2 years back. Trawling though my collection......