Whitehead Model Railway Day

Rate this topic

Patrick Davey

Wonderful video, just love the interaction between model and reality! Well done both big and wee Tony. Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your NCC Diorama at Whitehead on 9th Patrick. Loved your GNRI Waiting Shed and Signal Box, reminded me of my childhood days at Tandragee, and now an inspiration for getting me started on Larne Harbour, now that I am living in Larne!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/12/2019 at 9:49 AM, LARNE CABIN said:

Wonderful video, just love the interaction between model and reality! Well done both big and wee Tony. Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your NCC Diorama at Whitehead on 9th Patrick. Loved your GNRI Waiting Shed and Signal Box, reminded me of my childhood days at Tandragee, and now an inspiration for getting me started on Larne Harbour, now that I am living in Larne!

That’s very kind, thank you LC! Please say hello on the day! 

16 hours ago, debrawenlock said:

Really looking forward to seeing your NCC narrow gauge diorama Whiteheaf om November

Debra

Thanks Debra! Am an admirer of your artwork so please do say hello on the day! 

• Like 2

Guinness 3BG was built in 1919 for shunting Ireland's largest privately owned broad gauge industrial system, the world famous Dublin brewery. This locomotive became the Railway Preservation Society of Ireland's first preserved locomotive, being presented to the Society in 1965. The Dublin brewery operated an extensive 1'10" gauge system within the complex with broad gauge locos being used to transfer traffic from there to Kingsbridge (now Heuston) Station for onward transhipment. This 100 year old locomotive will be in steam and hauling train rides at Whitehead Railway Museum's Model Railway Day on Saturday 9th November 2019.

image.thumb.png.052c8fc67b0253f8ad6e86f99badbf02.png

• Like 2

Great to see that Wexford Model Railway Society have offered to bring their Irish Rail Diesel Depot model railway layout to Whitehead Railway Museum for Model Railway Day on Saturday 9th November 2019. Nice to see a layout with a few GM diesels match the full size CIE 142 currently undergoing a repaint at Whitehead.

image.jpeg.f1ff272f372b273feb141f063283d2b7.jpeg

GM diesel getting a lick of primer at Whitehead. Come along and see it for yourself on Whitehead Model Railway Day.

image.thumb.png.765060681c37f7537a2af2d14b1f67b9.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is a full list of model exhibits as of this evening. This is in addition to all the normal museum displays, full size steam trains rides between Noon and 4pm and coffee and scones in the dining car available all day.

Electronics for Model Railways                          Model Electronic Railway Group                                                           

Hornby O gauge clockwork                               Debra Wenlock             Vintage

Far Tottering and Oyster Creek Railway                        John Pollock                 Novelty

Trebor’s Park                                                   Robert MacDougall       GB       OO

Smurfs’ Layout                                                 Brian Chambers            Novelty OO

NER County Durham Station                             Neil Jackson                 GB       OO

Weston Town                                                   Nicholas Foote              GB       N

Weston East                                                     Nicholas Foote              GB       N

Spy’s Attache Case Railway                              David Gregg                 Novelty/USSR  N

Model Engineering display                                Model Engineers of NI

Capecastle- NCC Diorama                                Patrick Davey               Irish     OO9

BLUR/Lego                                                       Peter Murfitt                 Lego

Mill Road (Public Shunting Layout)                    North Down MRS          GB       OO

Diesel Depot                                                     Wexford MRC               Irish     OO

Dunster                                                            John Sinclair                 GB       OO

Road Runner                                                    Les Conn                      Novelty

The Ffarquhar Branch/Thomas layout                Michael White               GB       OO

RPSI G Gauge                                                 

Saltdean                                                           Peter and John Smith    GB       O

T-Trak Impressions of Ireland                           Michael O’Connor         Irish     N

Lego City                                                          Erica Lutzman               Lego

Hornby Tinplate                                                Ken Cuming                  GB/Vintage       O

Stanfording                                                       Tony Ragg                   Irish     O

O Gauge Display                                              Phil Aspinwall               Irish     O

Quarry Hill                                                        Ulster MRC                  GB       OO

Killagan                                                                        Ian Stewart                   Irish     OO

Portadown                                                        William Redpath            Irish     OO

Quarry Hill                                                        First Bangor MRC         GB/Irish OO

Glenabbey                                                        Glenabbey MRC           GB       OO

RPSI Sales                                                       John Friel

Miniature Railway Display                                 Belfast & Co Down Miniature Railway Society

Miniature Vehicles Display                                Model Engineers Society NI                             

• Like 1

You can see O gauge buildings such as a BNCR design signal box and an Edwardian engine shed at Whitehead tomorrow Saturday 9th November 2019. You can also see the 1:1 scale real things there too.

Come by Translink NIR train and get 20% off admission to the event. 20% off

P1030075.JPG

Meet Big Tony at Whitehead Model Railway Day tomorrow Sat 9th Nov 2019. He'll be wearing his trademark brown shop coat and Andy Capp hat.

P1030076.JPG

• Like 3

Just one word to describe these layouts, 'awesome', truly inspirational! Arrived very late due to horrible weather so didn't get a chance to speak to a few people I wanted to speak to. Also, my CO who doesn't understand the fascination of 'trains' was waiting for me! Just loved Portadown. Saw it at Cultra last year and could have spent all day on that layout alone. Well done to all exhibitors. Just fantastic!

• Like 1