MURPHY MODELS WEATHERED..184

Rate this topic

burnthebox

53 minutes ago, Railer said:

There's so many modelers getting into the Irish scene since they officially sold out, many of them interesting in the IR and IE eras.

We’ve seen the number of Customers at IRM almost quadruple in the last 4 years...

with availability of stock the Irish railway Modelling space is definitely growing. 

5 hours ago, Railer said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. PM could do another run of BGMs and they would still sell like hot cakes. There's so many modelers getting into the Irish scene since they officially sold out, many of them interesting in the IR and IE eras.

I agree, especially if the upfront tooling costs have been preserved, but we modellers are not party to PMs private arrangements with Bachmann, and issues like who owns the tooling and the IP (intellectual property, eg, CAD drawings, etc). I'm sure PM is focused on realising the potential of 121 for now. Could MM and IRM ever team up in the future? Who knows, but those murphy model baby GMs were the finest model locos I've ever come across, such was their detail combined with the best running chassis I've ever come across. Allows prototypical running especially low startup crawl speeds without any juddering or lurching, just smooth linear acceleration without any hesitation. Nothing worse than seeing a model diesel loco shuddering on start up, or jerking as the armature of the motor rotates and a stiff chassis or gearing causes staggered movement. MM 141 & 181 are the best runners I've ever come across.

Edited by Noel
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BosKonay said:

We’ve seen the number of Customers at IRM almost quadruple in the last 4 years...

with availability of stock the Irish railway Modelling space is definitely growing. 

Great to hear. Don't forget us back here in the Irish EU patch with your impressive runaway success in the UK with Accurascale. Some day in the appropriate future would love to see more 1950-1960s CIE two axle wagons from the IRM stable along with older CIE era coaching stock (ie pre-Cravens), and even 101s :) IRM/AS=German/Swiss modelling standards at GB prices.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BosKonay said:

And proper order. It's been said here over and over again, but we owe you folks a great deal - keep up the excellent work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, BosKonay said:

Agree with Railer. The masses will never become interested in stock or eras that are not available to buy. Yes, some modelers will always create some amazing things but they will be unique to a layout or two for the most part. Availability brings its own market. 

11 hours ago, Noel said:

Don't forget us back here in the Irish EU patch with your impressive runaway success in the UK with Accurascale. Some day in the appropriate future would love to see more 1950-1960s CIE two axle wagons from the IRM stable along with older CIE era coaching stock (ie pre-Cravens), and even 101s 

Yes, please! Prototypically wide bodies that graced the broad gauges of Ireland, hard (not impossible) to recreate that from existing kit-bashes

Edited by DiveController
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

That's not a bad price at all......!  Well done....

And £124 was a very fair price on eBay for the MM 183. Sense at last. There had been daft prices of €175 for these a few months ago. Well done to whoever got the successful winning bid in for the diminutive Murphy model baby GM. Clever too only one single bid with 5 seconds to go. When I was buying these on eBay 3/4 years ago I never bid until seconds to go with one bid which was the absolute max I was prepared to pay. Avoids auction fever and ding dong bidding with competitive mist overruling cold logic. With no time left if you lose you lose, no time nor chance to make silly higher bids. Mind you it was a pain setting a reminder or alarm on watch. Often went off when you were in the middle of a meal or out somewhere.  :)

7 hours ago, Noel said:

And £124 was a very fair price on eBay for the MM 183. Sense at last. There had been daft prices of €175 for these a few months ago. Well done to whoever got the successful winning bid in for the diminutive Murphy model baby GM. Clever too only one single bid with 5 seconds to go. When I was buying these on eBay 3/4 years ago I never bid until seconds to go with one bid which was the absolute max I was prepared to pay. Avoids auction fever and ding dong bidding with competitive mist overruling cold logic. With no time left if you lose you lose, no time nor chance to make silly higher bids. Mind you it was a pain setting a reminder or alarm on watch. Often went off when you were in the middle of a meal or out somewhere.  :)

IT ALSO HELPS TO BE SIGNED IN TO EBAY BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO BID.....!!!

BTB

Edited by burnthebox
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1