NIR EE 1 Class DH shunters

Rate this topic

Aldergrove

All I know is that generically they are a GEC Stephenson, which led me to this

https://collection.sciencemuseumgroup.org.uk/documents/aa110072627

Could relate to the 1 Class, or maybe a competitor for the 101 Class (or even for the 111 Class), could just be an outline.

There are drawings of a GEC Stephenson here

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/152868-steel-works-locos/page/2/

Maybe they were standard, maybe not

Edited by NIR
  • Like 1

Hi I have just been in contact with Mike of Judith Edge kits about the DH class as it falls into his market expertise of Industrials  and while he has noted he has not got them in his range he is now aware of the locos and interest there in.  Mike does note he has lots on the go and a long customer wish list, but hopefully it will get looked at. 

Robert    

• Like 1

5 hours ago, K801 said:

Its a pity the ITG flogged them off and didn't keep one 

Needs must. They were offered good money and they needed funds to go towards their other restoration projects. NIR had removed the engines and other equipment before handing them over so it would have been very unlikely they could have been restored to running condition in preservation.

Anyway, one of them is still in Wales so you never know, it might find its way back...

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Having seen the real things daily on my school commute, I get the point, and they could have earned an honest crust at Downpatrick. They were rather odd little things though, and not really classic or representative of Ulster traction. A greater loss in that sense was the old MPD unit (64 I think) that hung around York Road at the same time. 

On 9/4/2020 at 10:28 AM, Aldergrove said:

Thanks NIR for the website links - i'll take a look.

Thanks, also to Robert for the nudge about Judith Edge - yes, it would be fantastic if Mike were to develop it as part of their range.  I've plenty to build in the meantime so can wait a while.

Cheers both.

Hi did you ever find the drawing for these locos? if you don't mind the scratch aid route then why not send them to Allen at Worsley works.

Colin Rainsbury

7 hours ago, Galteemore said:

Having seen the real things daily on my school commute, I get the point, and they could have earned an honest crust at Downpatrick. They were rather odd little things though, and not really classic or representative of Ulster traction. A greater loss in that sense was the old MPD unit (64 I think) that hung around York Road at the same time. 

Was 64 indeed

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...