IRM Stocking Irish Themed Oxford Die Cast Range, with other ranges to follow!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

6 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

I wonder would IRM consider stocking containers?

There are some excellent offerings from C-Rail Intermodal, from Hornby, and Dapol have their moments.

It'd be nice to be able to order from all of the ranges in the one place.

I can imagine that there may be competition issues, and viability issues, but it may merit consideration.

Or our own ranges… watch this space 

There have already been road vehicles in garda markings, and buses in UTA & CDR liveries, and a double decker probably suitable for 0 scale, in CIE green. Lorries in CIE green and 1960s black cabs.

Perhaps some of the following:

1.  Postal vans - to be seen on platforms loading mail off trains - older dark green "P & T" livery, or Royal Mail red for the north

2. Buses from various eras in CIE, UTA & Ulsterbus liveries.

3. Lorries with CIE (various eras), UTA & Northern Ireland Carriers liveries. The latter suitable sitting alongside a RTR Jeep, whenever that comes out!

4. ESB vehicles.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

There have already been road vehicles in garda markings, and buses in UTA & CDR liveries, and a double decker probably suitable for 0 scale, in CIE green. Lorries in CIE green and 1960s black cabs.

1.  Postal vans - to be seen on platforms loading mail off trains - older dark green "P & T" livery, or Royal Mail red for the north

3. Lorries with CIE (various eras), UTA & Northern Ireland Carriers liveries. The latter suitable sitting alongside a RTR Jeep, whenever that comes out!

4. ESB vehicles.

And the later Telecom Eireann vehicles too…

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

I wonder would IRM consider stocking containers?

There are some excellent offerings from C-Rail Intermodal, from Hornby, and Dapol have their moments.

It'd be nice to be able to order from all of the ranges in the one place.

I can imagine that there may be competition issues, and viability issues, but it may merit consideration.

We have our IRM 40’ as well as the Acc PFA flats. We have also a couple more container flats in progress which all need containers on them too. 

7 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

4. ESB vehicles.

Not sure if this one has passed you by Jonathan, but falls solidly into no.3 

https://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/products/erf-lv-flatbed-trailer-n-ireland-trailers-76lv004

A long way from Norn Irn to Dugort harbour mind.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BosKonay said:

We have our IRM 40’ as well as the Acc PFA flats. We have also a couple more container flats in progress which all need containers on them too. 

Please, please, pretty please, green Consent Leasing, OOCL, and yellow ContainerShips at the very least!

Wouldn't say no to a Boluda 20' HC, if you're stretching the margins a little.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Please, please, pretty please, green ....., and yellow ContainerShips at the very least!

I misread that and for a second there I thought you were canvassing for a container ship to go with the B&I ferry ...

🫣🙃😀

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, jhb171achill said:

4. ESB vehicles.

1. There should be no shortage of Royal Mail vehicles of various eras, but no P&T or An Post in a useful scale. Renault 4 vans knocking about but an old, hard to find model and of course in HO.

2. Plenty double deckers and some BE single deckers but no commercially available CIE single deckers (apart from scarce and expensive kits)

3. Two varieties of CIE truck and green and b n t era Scammel Scarab have been released in recent years.

4. Major gap in the market here, earlier British marques shouldn't be a problem for the likes of Oxford.

Edited by minister_for_hardship

1 hour ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Please, please, pretty please, green Consent Leasing, OOCL, and yellow ContainerShips at the very least!

Wouldn't say no to a Boluda 20' HC, if you're stretching the margins a little.

The first 3 fall into the realms of possible, although OOCL has been done a couple of times as both 40ft DV(Dapol and C-rail I think) and 40ft HC(Dapol current release) as has Consent leasing(Bachmann 13.6m). Containerships yellow is a glaring omission so far on any size of box

But a Boulda 20ft HC I can't see ever being a runner in OO, its the wrong region for the gauge and I don't think we see very many in UK or Ireland.. It's also a unusual height that not many others use, so would need to be a bespoke tooling with only a few livery options. In my 12 plus years in shipping I have never once had a shipment by 20ft dry van container that is anything other than 8ft 6in. 

15 minutes ago, MOGUL said:

The first 3 fall into the realms of possible, although OOCL has been done a couple of times as both 40ft DV(Dapol and C-rail I think) and 40ft HC(Dapol current release) as has Consent leasing(Bachmann 13.6m). Containerships yellow is a glaring omission so far on any size of box

But a Boulda 20ft HC I can't see ever being a runner in OO, its the wrong region for the gauge and I don't think we see very many in UK or Ireland.. It's also a unusual height that not many others use, so would need to be a bespoke tooling with only a few livery options. In my 12 plus years in shipping I have never once had a shipment by 20ft dry van container that is anything other than 8ft 6in. 

Arran suggested cutting a 40' HC in half so if that's all it takes, the tooling can't be that difficult.

A plain red 20' HC would suffice, but still may not work for the Irish and UK markets, obviously I get that.

Meant a Consent 40', not 45'. Saw lots of them on the old Bell liner trains.