Limited Amount of RPSI Coaches Now In Stock!

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

1732228922_RPSIMK2stock04(1).thumb.JPG.8e9a077fcc48814b95eb6bf6d8eff1ed.JPG

The Railway Preservation Society of Ireland has kept our railway heritage alive since 1964. Since then the RPSI has relied on keeping our railway history alive through the generosity of the public through volunteering, donations and running special trains on the network across Ireland so we can continue to enjoy our railways of the past.

They have also depended on revenue generated by limited edition models in partnership with Murphy Models. The recent B134 has been a godsend to the RPSI, having been shorn of rail tour revenue essential to keep the fleet maintained due to COVID19.

300579540_RPSIMK2stock01.thumb.JPG.9e57cb9e0fa5fe615a8fc5486cd0bf53.JPG

The RPSI has now uncovered some of the Mark 2 coach packs in OO that were in storage and we are now offering them for sale on our website in very limited numbers.

Perfect for haulage behind your B134 model, 071/111s, 201s and preserved steam, we are offering these coaches for sale in the three pack bundle and as individual coaches so you can bolster your fleet. These coaches are in stock now and available for immediate dispatch.

Support the RPSI and add to your collection with these exclusives on the new RPSI area of our website. https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/rpsi

• Like 5

More a question for RPSI, but it would be wonderful should they decide with MMs help to produce the other promised half of the promised Craven set including the bar coach. Six coaches plus a GSV make up a typical RPSI rail tour train. Without a model of No 4, or 186, etc, the green mk2a coaches have nothing to haul them. 

5 minutes ago, Noel said:

More a question for RPSI, but it would be wonderful should they decide with MMs help to produce the other promised half of the promised Craven set including the bar coach. Six coaches plus a GSV make up a typical RPSI rail tour train. Without a model of No 4, or 186, etc, the green mk2a coaches have nothing to haul them. 

As confirmed by the RPSI spoksperson on here the other day (a comment which you 'liked' btw, so I assume you read) no second Cravens set was promised. Please stop pushing that narrative on here. 

Meanwhile thank you to everyone who placed orders for these coaches and helped them sell out in record time. It helps raise much needed funds for the RPSI in a most difficult time. They're having a look in their stores to see if there are any more left. Fingers crossed they find some! 

Thanks,

Fran

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Noel said:

Don't think anything was "promised".

When I spoke with the RPSI last year, they said that they'd be exploring fund-raising options for the future, and nothing had been decided.

Another batch of Cravens would only be viable if piggybacking off a large run of non-RPSI Cravens, I imagine, and even then, only if the RPSI felt that they'd sell.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Don't think anything was "promised".

When I spoke with the RPSI last year, they said that they'd be exploring fund-raising options for the future, and nothing had been decided.

Another batch of Cravens would only be viable if piggybacking off a large run of non-RPSI Cravens, I imagine, and even then, only if the RPSI felt that they'd sell.

When the initial batch was launched back in October 2017, RPSI stated that they were initially releasing a pack of three coaches but that if they sold well they'd most likely another future pack of three to make up a full rake. No guarantees other than it depended on how well the first batch sold. Many folk bought the 3 pack on the basis that a second pack might eventually become available. I bought my 3 pack on board an RPSI rail tour, diesel double 071+073 two days before ophelia struck.

Good to see the remaining RPSI mk2a green coaches sold out quickly, and at a very fair price too.

Edited by Noel
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Noel said:

When the initial batch was launched back in October 2017, RPSI stated that they were initially releasing a pack of three coaches but that if they sold well they'd most likely another future pack of three to make up a full rake. No guarantees other than it depended on how well the first batch sold. Many folk bought the 3 pack on the basis that a second pack might eventually become available. I bought my 3 pack on board an RPSI rail tour, diesel double 071+073 two days before ophelia struck.

Good to see the remaining RPSI mk2a green coaches sold out quickly, and at a very fair price too.

I guess the "if" part is very subjective!

Buoyed by the brisk sales of yesterday, the RPSI have scoured their stores and found a few more coaches. They assure me that this is the VERY LAST stock of what they got, so last chance folks. They're back on the website and ready to order in extremely limited numbers. 

Thank you to everyone who has ordered them so far and supported the RPSI!

Ireland and global sales: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/rpsi

UK: https://irishrailwaymodels.co.uk/collections/rpsi

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 4