Jouef HDI for 630 euro landed cost..... is this some kind of joke?

Rate this topic

burnthebox

Agree personally for me trains are for playing with and to be run, not in a display case or in a precious box up in the attic. But I do understand there is a market for pure collectors and as Patrick pointed out its just co-incidence that it overlaps with this hobby due to the products involved. Also see DB's point about rareness and part of the history of Irish models, etc.

Edited by Noel

3 hours ago, Noel said:

Agree personally for me trains are for playing with and to be run, not in a display case or in a precious box up in the attic. But I do understand there is a market for pure collectors and as Patrick pointed out its just co-incidence that it overlaps with this hobby due to the products involved. Also see DB's point about rareness and part of the history of Irish models, etc.

You're lucky you edited that post, or I'd have been posting rotten eggs to somebody up there to throw at your windows!

• Funny 1

A few years ago, there was an article about a couple of Dinky toys. The models had never been removed from their boxes, indeed the boxes had never been removed from their packaging! Hence valuation was totally speculative, but inevitably, folk were interested. This highlights the line between collectors who acquire stuff because they like it and those who think they can make money from it, artificially driving prices up and indeed down.

Know which side of the fence I prefer.

• Like 2

I have to take my models out of their' boxes, otherwise, they won't operate properly on my layout. Saying that, some of those Jouef models would have looked much better if they remained in their' boxes. Can't wait for the As to arrive, haven't seen anything posted about them lately.

4 hours ago, connollystn said:

I have to take my models out of their' boxes, otherwise, they won't operate properly on my layout. Saying that, some of those Jouef models would have looked much better if they remained in their' boxes. Can't wait for the As to arrive, haven't seen anything posted about them lately.

There was an update just a few days ago from Fran. They are in production as we speak 🙂

• Funny 1

4 minutes ago, murphaph said:

There was an update just a few days ago from Fran. They are in production as we speak 🙂

It's a running joke, I think. Connolly asks about the A's every 24 hours, in a different thread each time. He jumped the gun the other day and asked after 21 hours but that post vanished!

• Informative 1