Mk3 Driving Trailer

Rate this topic

In push pull mode I know that my 121's and 201's can work the Mk3 driving trailer and that the 071 can't but what about the 141/181 were they kitted out for push pull as I've seen them double heading with 121's and the Mk3 driving trailer

I'm pretty sure they weren't Anto, they just hauled them as normal coaching stock. I've seen pictures of 071s hauling them as normal coaching stock too.

Edited by Warbonnet

Sorry mate I don't sell my collection but I could paint some up for you if you like

Oh yeah no problem :) When i get the sufficient funds I'll get some cheap off ebay and get you to paint them but right now all my money's going towards track and the powercab!

In push pull mode I know that my 121's and 201's can work the Mk3 driving trailer and that the 071 can't but what about the 141/181 were they kitted out for push pull as I've seen them double heading with 121's and the Mk3 driving trailer

As far as I know only the 121's and 201's were fitted with door controls too so when they were being used as standard coaching stock with 071's and 141/181's a guard had to stay in the driving trailer to operate the doors.

Have a look in prototype forum for photos

of mk 3 pps I posted.

• 11 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Branchline121 said:

Used to be found on Silver Fox Models’ site but I’d say they haven’t been made for a good bit so your best hopes would be on eBay— as expensive as it is.

I think it's usually around autumn when Silver Fox do runs of Irish stock. I think that the last run of Mk3 DVT's was late 2019 or late 2020.

On 25/12/2023 at 2:20 AM, Ryan said:

Where can I purchase one?

Get in touch with Silver Fox Models and ask if they plan doing them soon. If they say no, unless a minimum quantity is met, put me down for two!

Keep an eye on Adverts.ie. Gerry Hoey / Millipede had one for sale relatively recently.

They pop up on eBay from time to time, sometimes at stupid prices but sometimes at fair prices.

DC Kits either do or used to do them in kit form.

8 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

I think it's usually around autumn when Silver Fox do runs of Irish stock. I think that the last run of Mk3 DVT's was late 2019 or late 2020.

Get in touch with Silver Fox Models and ask if they plan doing them soon. If they say no, unless a minimum quantity is met, put me down for two!

Keep an eye on Adverts.ie. Gerry Hoey / Millipede had one for sale relatively recently.

They pop up on eBay from time to time, sometimes at stupid prices but sometimes at fair prices.

DC Kits either do or used to do them in kit form.

And the Murphys one will be along soon, the one on adverts cant really be described as a 'model'

2 hours ago, Blaine said:

And the Murphys one will be along soon, the one on adverts cant really be described as a 'model'

Although, @WRENNEIRE did state here that there may not be DVT's with Paddy's Mk3's:

On 8/1/2024 at 4:25 PM, WRENNEIRE said:

Talking with a certain Santa lookalike today 
He informs me that the Mk11D's should be available from around Jan 15th depending on Customs clearance etc
Impossible to give a date for the baby GM's because of the Chinese New Year and also whether they can be shipped
via long or short route because of the Houthi attacks which can add a month to the journey
201's to be produced next' the schedule to be advised, then Mk 111 coaches with EGV's Restaurants etc, no driving trailer afaif
More announcements to follow when your credit cards have cleared!

Screenshot_20240110-111954.png

• WOW! 1