Sign in to follow this  
Sulzer201

The Brickworks - some more updates

well done on the video - some lovely shots! havent heard that tune since i was a nipper......memories......

Thanks heirflick and Boskonay, love the tune myself and must get down to see the diesels! on the WCR soon. Will post a video of some moving trains shortly, if I ever get the tracks clean enough to stop trains from coming to unplanned, abrupt halts!

Thanks heirflick and Boskonay, love the tune myself and must get down to see the diesels! on the WCR soon. Will post a video of some moving trains shortly, if I ever get the tracks clean enough to stop trains from coming to unplanned, abrupt halts!

Edited by Anthony

is the station house an airfix kit by any chance?...it looks really good!

Edited by heirflick

Hi heirflick - I think it was built from an airfix kit alright. I bought it at one of the 'Bray Toys of Yesteryear', found that Sean Ryan often has some great deals on kits and rolling stock.

Thanks lads, as I say that kit was already built when I got it and it only cost me a few euro. My building skills are still very much below basic level I'm afraid.

071 got on the line despite not having a train to haul. Was getting the dins in the kitchen this eve when the four year old said he'd something to show me in the sitting room. I followed both he and his three year old brother to the sitting room only to find poor 071 laying on a chair - they had somehow managed to squeeze her out of the cabinet. Luckily she escaped with only some loose catwalk handrails, I got a fright and she immediately departed for the attic.

shed8.jpg

shed4.jpg

grand.jpg

atshed.jpg

241.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

shed8.jpg

shed4.jpg

grand.jpg

atshed.jpg

241.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Edited by Sulzer201

Looking good Sulzer201. Luck escape for 071, I'd say you got a scare alright! What's the backscene in the pics of the oil train? It looks continental.

Hi josefstadt, yep it is European alright - possibly German countryside. I will change that in time and get something more authentic. For time being its screening off the attic rafters etc. I like the NIR loco BabyGM, she's rough and looks like she's been stored for a long time - rough and needs some work but she still runs and takes the odd gallop around the attic.

Hi Sulzer201. The layout is looking great. Am I right in thinking that the colour light signal in the second pic is one of the Hornby Dublo ones of old? Thanks for the info on the backscene. Could I ask where did you get it / who made it ? Thanks

Yes josefstadt the signal is an old dublo and it works. I got that back-scene at one of the Bray Toyfairs, from Walter Oberie - Kinvara-Model-Train / waldenmar@eircom.net. He does a lot of German/European stuff including back-scenes and his open to a bit of haggling too. Hi Heirflick - the little lad runs them under strict supervision but he knows not to touch the trains - even though its like Adam and Eve faced with the apple!