Jump to content

The Derry Road

Members
  • Posts

    537
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    9

Everything posted by The Derry Road

  1. Enjoyed the exhibition at Bangor albeit much the same as last year, met up with Kieran and had a brief chat with MikeO. He had a cement train on display which caught my eye, quite impressed Mike. Visited “Campbell Riverside” layout belonging to Irishmail of this parish but missed John, he must had been on a break. To top the day off I got the opportunity of seeing Kirley Junction running. What a treat to see such superb modelling skills on display on a layout that catches your eye no matter which way you turn to view it. Kieran, thanks again for your hospitality TDR
  2. As a qualified heating engineer with many many years expeience the use of plumbers flux is suitable to use with caution, it contains an acid that becomes very active when heated, it must be thourghly cleaned after use otherwise it will start turning bright green and eventually corode the material TDR
  3. rinse throughly with cold water then wash with luke warm soapy water, and dry well. TDR:-bd never tried the fluid on resin
  4. any fourm members attending on Saturday, TDR:trains:
  5. I've been spray painting models for 25+ years and concur with glenderg's method. I've left coach bodies submerged for days in brake fluid and it works without any damage to the plastic. TDR
  6. Noel, nice piece of filming,TDR:tumbsup:
  7. Kieran superb as always, well done Sir. TDR:tumbsup:
  8. Paul welcome to the forum, you'll find lots of help and tips on here. Good luck with the layout, any pictures TDR:trains:
  9. Lovely job Noel, very neat crisp finish, well done TDR:tumbsup:
  10. Get a pair of vice grips on it
  11. Seamus, wishing you a speedy recovery back to full and good health, TDR:praying:
  12. Thanks to all for the interest and supporting comments TDR:tumbsup:
  13. John-r I use the Gaugemaster prodigy advance2 and the sound chips are from Mr Sound Guy with the exception of the hunslett, it being a bachmann 20 TDR
  14. Hi All, This is just a short piece of film showing five locos, 071, 141, 201, 111 and a hunslett in construction stage running to test out the sounds, to date I’ve converted around 20 plus locos to DCC thus far, and enjoying every minute. Difficult to hold a phone whilst filming and a throttle on the other controlling My only regret is, Should had converted the layout earlier. Enjoy TDR
  15. Hi everyone, finally got back to the layout, have now installed the DCC system and its fab, Im really pleased and impressed. I ran a few locos this morning to test out and recorded them on my phone, i will post up later the short film, sound included, TDR
  16. Great to see and speak with some of the gang at the show. Nelson your video is fab, well done TDR
  17. Tony no problem, I do have some if your require at a later date, TDR
  18. Tony let me check out my materials box, I "maybe" able to help you out with surplus that I might have. TDR
  19. Superb work Nelson, Absolute brilliance TDR
  20. Kieran Very impressive sets
  21. Anyone interested at £60 plus P&P
  22. For Sale Twin Track Transformer Controller with Simulation for ‘N’, ‘OO’, and most small Gauges. The simulator can be switched on or off as required. £80 + £10P&P Sterling. PM if anyone interested
  23. Noel thanks for the help. Im operating a Gaugemaster Prodigy Advance2 and I've never ventured into CV's so this will be new territory/experience for me, so fingers crossed I dont balls it up. TDR
  24. i have recently purchased and fitted a Mr Sound Guy decoder for a 141, My query is, " Does any body know how to turn the sound up, or is it set to a preset level that cant be adjusted". Any advice welcome. TDR
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use