New Tara Mines Run In Stock - Pre-orders Being Dispatched

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Hi Everyone,

Great News!

Our Tara Mines wagons have landed in stock, bang on schedule! We announced our latest run of Tara Mines wagons back in June, featuring a new run of red oxide wagons and, for the first time, the iconic original blue with Tara branding and original style hoods.

P1042683.thumb.jpg.81fa0e44992f26165a8e6042e7d9daf2.jpg

Pre-orders are currently being sent out and will be complete by Tuesday, November 23rd. All new orders will be dispatched after that date. With over 50% of this limited run already sold out, these beauties will not hang around. Perfect companions for your IRM A Class as well as your 071 locomotives, our highly detailed Tara Mines wagons are a must for the Irish modeller.

P1042977.thumb.jpg.f4c98c04fb6fa38705835abae4f7639c.jpg

Each twin pack of wagons is available for just €79.95 each and there is 10% off when you order two packs or more, making them the bargain of the Irish model railway scene.

Cheers!

Fran 
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

Received notification this morning that my order shipped. Slightly circuitous route to get here so it'll take a while, but it'll be worth the wait!

40 minutes ago, richrua said:

Great wagons , they look great in transit or sitting in a siding. I have four from the last time, so I'm glad of a chance to grab a couple more . Nice models, another unique wagon. I wonder could I run a mixed rake of a couple of blues / oxides. Good stuff 

Somebody, possibly Garfield or Murphaph, posted a photo in another Tara thread, showing a blue and a brown Tara side by side. They were almost indistinguishable apart from a few areas, possibly the buffer beams, and obviously the G1 and G2 lids.

• Like 1

Just got a notification to say my Tara Mines pre-order has shipped. Looking forward to seeing them as I missed the last run of these. Hopefully the current flooding issues at Tara Mines will be resolved soon and won't affect the future operation of the mines.

Out of curiosity, any particular reason why 2 of 3 packs have been shipped and the other hasn't? Or is it just logistical? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barl said:

Just got a notification to say my Tara Mines pre-order has shipped. Looking forward to seeing them as I missed the last run of these. Hopefully the current flooding issues at Tara Mines will be resolved soon and won't affect the future operation of the mines.

Out of curiosity, any particular reason why 2 of 3 packs have been shipped and the other hasn't? Or is it just logistical? 

Hi @Barl,

All packs should be in the box, we just had a bit of a glitch with one of the barcodes on a small group of orders, hence why they took a few days to ship out. If anything is up with the order let us know via email.

All orders should now be on their way after today.

Cheers!

Fran 

3 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi @Barl,

All packs should be in the box, we just had a bit of a glitch with one of the barcodes on a small group of orders, hence why they took a few days to ship out. If anything is up with the order let us know via email.

All orders should now be on their way after today.

Cheers!

Fran 

That makes more sense thanks Fran. 

• Like 1

Ha! so far DHL have had my Taras appear to have visited E. Midlands, Brussels, Miami, New York where they 'left' 5 days ago, presumably by ground. Possible they're in Miami again or maybe the customs clearance is occurring there even though they are somewhere, who the heck knows? They'll get here eventually I'm sure. DHL is complete hit or miss now (hit your box but miss the deadline they set). Crushed boxes but mostly minor damage I think (but I have to finish testing first). 200k people out of work in the US yet some of them seemingly cannot drive a truck, lol. Anyway, looking forward to this livery.🤜

2 hours ago, DiveController said:

Ha! so far DHL have had my Taras appear to have visited E. Midlands, Brussels, Miami, New York where they 'left' 5 days ago, presumably by ground. Possible they're in Miami again or maybe the customs clearance is occurring there even though they are somewhere, who the heck knows? They'll get here eventually I'm sure. DHL is complete hit or miss now (hit your box but miss the deadline they set). Crushed boxes but mostly minor damage I think (but I have to finish testing first). 200k people out of work in the US yet some of them seemingly cannot drive a truck, lol. Anyway, looking forward to this livery.🤜

Thankfully, I've had zero issues with DHL. My models usually take 4 days Dublin - E. Midlands - CINCINNATI - Dallas USA

Edited by K801
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DiveController said:

That is really strange. I'm in Atlanta and was notified by IRM that the shipment was on its way on Fri Nov 19, I also received a notice from DHL the same day advising expected delivery date was Weds Nov 24.  DHL actually delivered on Mon Nov 22  two days earlier than originally advised.  Three days from Dublin!!!  I had the same experience with my two orders for the A class.  

I've never been a fan of DHL having had some horrendous experiences in the past but lately I'm inclined to give them some credit. It may be that they do not have the infrastructure to adequately service Houston.  The opened a gateway at Atlanta Airport fairly recently so perhaps I'm benefiting from that. But who knows what sort of convoluted route (perhaps traditional) a parcel may take in their system to Houston where they don't appear to have facilities. Perhaps someone at IRM might have a chat with them and question this because as someone looking in from the outside it would seem more logical o route a parcel for Houston via Atlanta rather than the circuitous route your parcels are taking.

I'vs also had a couple of rapid transit maybe 5 days from Ireland. You may be right about them not having the infrastructure. Houston is only the 4th largest US city 😕. Anyway, it di make it by Wed 24th which was also my initial estimate but it did get to Houston where it is now 'On Hold' again with a delivery exception. This is the first time it went through Brussels. Usually it heads to East Midlands and then Miami or Chicago. Sometime goes through Heathrow this time LHR, Brussels, Miami and NY to Houston.

Stephen was pretty helpful with the last one that was delay, took about three weeks to come most of which was sitting in Miami because there were not truck drivers, then I got hit with another $45 handling/processing for the privilege. Anyway, I'm just going to wait longer and see when it comes, hopefully on Monday. Clearing out space for the boxes 😃   

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi everyone,

Limited amount of pack G remaining!

Keen to bolster your Tara fleet, or indeed build up a rake? Make sure you move fast, it's likely we wont make these again for a looonnggg time. And once they're gone, they're gone.

At £79.95 per twin pack, and 10% off when you buy two packs or more and free postage and packaging around Ireland and the UK, they're exceptional value for high quality, Irish outline rolling stock.

Order now: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/tara-mines/products/tara-mines-ore-wagon-pack-g

Cheers!

Fran 

• Informative 1