Some French goodness...

Rate this topic

Think he means one of these Walter

Reckon it is, Broite, well spotted

Burned on my memory - terrifying thing - especially when you took your foot off at 90 and there was no engine braking, just utter silence as the freewheel let go of the car - you really needed to keep on top of the brakes....

Burned on my memory - terrifying thing - especially when you took your foot off at 90 and there was no engine braking, just utter silence as the freewheel let go of the car - you really needed to keep on top of the brakes....

..and that was 90km/h, not mph. It was good for the ton, but you didn't want to try emergency braking at that speed.

Wartburg was way ahead of its time in many respects, with several rally successes, but its main problem - particularly for export markets such as Britain - was that it was a two-stroke.

..and that was 90km/h, not mph. It was good for the ton, but you didn't want to try emergency braking at that speed.

Wartburg was way ahead of its time in many respects, with several rally successes, but its main problem - particularly for export markets such as Britain - was that it was a two-stroke.

and smell

Everything about Pempoul grabs your attention. The architecture, the scenery (obviously) is the best I've seen, the trains and weathering of the models, the permanent way. However the backscene deserves special mention as it has a look of real distance instead of a backdrop, it can even feel 3 dimensional when you view it from a certain angle. The placement of the little things like the bike make it look so normal, an everyday sight we take for granted in the real world. It's not always about how much you place on a layout, it can be more accurate if things are in the right place, almost incidental like. Top class modelling.

Rich,

Have you seen it in 'real life'? It really is remarkable..

I saw Pempoul at Model Rail Glasgow 2012. It is magnificent! Here are some photos I took, including some shots of the explanations behind some of the creations. The shot of the river, with the buildings either side is probably the best I've seen. Do try to see it!

2012-02-24 12.08.21.jpg

2012-02-24 12.05.16.jpg

2012-02-24 12.04.44.jpg

2012-02-24 11.03.55.jpg

2012-02-24 11.03.29.jpg

2012-02-24 11.03.14.jpg

2012-02-24 12.05.30.jpg

2012-02-24 12.05.44.jpg

2012-02-24 12.08.08.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys, see a few of you like myself are not tied to modelling one theme. I started converting my garden railway from G to O gauge in 2012 and started to collect some continental O gauge. I have stuck mostly to the products of Lima which though now out of production can still be bought on ebay fairly cheap and are decent models, they did a nice Italian electric loco "Tartaruga" (Turtle) and a French diesel . They also did some nice coaches in French,Italian, Swiss and German outline and some colourfull continental freight wagons. I've also picked up a few other locos including some old semi-scale 3 rail O gauge French-Hornby electrics which I've repainted and am converting to 2 rail. French and italian locos in garden.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...