Check Out Our New Decorated Fertiliser Wagon Samples

Rate this topic

Warbonnet

Great news! Decorated samples of our second run of CIE Fert wagons have arrived for inspection. They are looking very good too, with just some minor tweaks, like the buffers needing to be black, required.

The new run of ferts also come on our newly modified bogies, fitted with brass bearing cups as first seen on the new run of Tara Mines wagons for better rolling resistance and less squeaking!

The best just got better.

cia_brown2_0002_0001_e95c26a6-8adc-4fc8-

A quick sell out on run one, our second run has also been immensely popular with over 60% of the production run sold out on pre-order. When you consider that they are just £76.95 for a twin pack, and that you get 10% off when you buy two or more packs, and free postage and packaging to Ireland and the UK, it's easy to see why they're so popular.

cia_brown_3_0006_600x600.jpg?v=166297406

Full production samples are due with us shortly and delivery to customers will be before Christmas. Our factory has made very swift progress on these and they may be earlier than anticipated. Look out for more updates on that soon.

In the meantime, check out the images below, and place your order here!

cia_brown_0005_600x600.jpg?v=1662973630

cia_brown_0006_600x600.jpg?v=1662973761

cia_brown_2_0003_600x600.jpg?v=166297409

View the full article

• Like 9
  • WOW! 2

58 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Great news! Decorated samples of our second run of CIE Fert wagons have arrived for inspection. They are looking very good too, with just some minor tweaks, like the buffers needing to be black, required.

The new run of ferts also come on our newly modified bogies, fitted with brass bearing cups as first seen on the new run of Tara Mines wagons for better rolling resistance and less squeaking!

The best just got better.

cia_brown2_0002_0001_e95c26a6-8adc-4fc8-

A quick sell out on run one, our second run has also been immensely popular with over 60% of the production run sold out on pre-order. When you consider that they are just £76.95 for a twin pack, and that you get 10% off when you buy two or more packs, and free postage and packaging to Ireland and the UK, it's easy to see why they're so popular.

cia_brown_3_0006_600x600.jpg?v=166297406

Full production samples are due with us shortly and delivery to customers will be before Christmas. Our factory has made very swift progress on these and they may be earlier than anticipated. Look out for more updates on that soon.

In the meantime, check out the images below, and place your order here!

cia_brown_0005_600x600.jpg?v=1662973630

cia_brown_0006_600x600.jpg?v=1662973761

cia_brown_2_0003_600x600.jpg?v=166297409

View the full article

Is there plenty of the white pallets still in stock? I might change the colour of mine when they arrive if that kind of surgery is easy enough to carry out. 

1 hour ago, Westcorkrailway said:

Is there plenty of the white pallets still in stock? I might change the colour of mine when they arrive if that kind of surgery is easy enough to carry out. 

You could just spray the green ones white Cathal. They are easy to remove. The load limiting bars in the centre bays need a little bit more force to remove but unless you are a clumsy oaf it's trivial to remove the loads. I am very much looking forward to these. I think they are still my favourite IRM wagons (so far!). Funnily enough I started weathering my original ones yesterday:

IMG_20220912_144911277.thumb.jpg.f88d101c0766aab78d215ed77f0c5d4a.jpg

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Westcorkrailway said:

In stock! https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/cie-bogie-fertiliser-wagon/products/fertiliser-pallet-loads-6-pallets-of-fertiliser-bags

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Warbonnet said:

Hi DoctorPan,

No, as we have plenty of white ones in stock we havent ordered green ones as a separate accessory.

Cheers!

Fran 

I wonder for those who want green ones, what would be the best green to use if somone purchased white ones but want them to be uniform with the green ones ye guys make? Asking for a freind since I’ve already been asked to swap for my green ones, so I assume a demand is there.

9 hours ago, murphaph said:

You could just spray the green ones white Cathal. They are easy to remove. The load limiting bars in the centre bays need a little bit more force to remove but unless you are a clumsy oaf it's trivial to remove the loads. I am very much looking forward to these. I think they are still my favourite IRM wagons (so far!). Funnily enough I started weathering my original ones yesterday:

IMG_20220912_144911277.thumb.jpg.f88d101c0766aab78d215ed77f0c5d4a.jpg

Very nice work so far. The different colour doors look authentic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RedRich said:

Very nice work so far. The different colour doors look authentic.

Cheers Rich, yeah it seems like when repairing the sheeting they painted them before screwing them to the door frames, possibly because they knew that they'd corrode prematurely if they didn't do it like that. At least that is what it looks like to me in pics I've seen. I've also painted some of the cross members and end panels in bauxite red as there are pics of these repairs as well. I just clear coated the whole wagon in preparation for the weathering as it's coloured plastic not a painted finish and the weathering just rubs off unless I put a clear coat down first. The handy thing is, you only need to make up one bauxite red mix and then just apply slightly thicker and thinner coats to the different doors. The brown plastic slightly showing through from below then results in different shades of bauxite red by default. Kind of pre-shading without any effort. This then represents repairs that have been carried out at different stages in the past. The brighter the red, the more recent the repair. It doesn't show up all that well in the pic as the effect is very subtle. Anyway, that's the fiddly work done on these three. The rest is just washes and fairly indiscriminate grime with the airbrush.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2022 at 6:01 PM, NIRCLASS80 said:

Hi Fran. The spare bogies that are available in various colours, are brown the correct ones for the original fertiliser wagons?

Hi Gareth,

Sorry, completely missed this. Brown is indeed correct.

In other news the Fert run is 75% sold on pre-order, so not many left. We're trying to get them here in time for the 3 day show, but it's touch and go. However, if you want to buy some, we recommend you get your order in online ASAP. https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/cie-bogie-fertiliser-wagon/availability_pre-order?

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3