Wexford MRC Show May 5/6th 2024

Rate this topic

Bob229

1 hour ago, Rush and Lusk said:

Great news Irishrailwayman, fantastic pictures & layout - I looked on your club website yesterday and couldn't see any reference ?.

I will definitely be there, probably Sunday. One of my very favourite shows.  

I'm no longer on the Committee but I think the Facebook page is kept up to date rather than the website. Looking forward to meeting everyone for a chat at "Ballybeg" (the layout was first exhibited in 2009 - this will be it's 12th public exhibition!).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, enniscorthyman said:

I will have Bog Road oo gauge in attendance. 

Screenshot_20240428_110051_Facebook.jpg

I think I remember seeing that at last year’s August show- brilliant layout, I hope I can make it to the show even just to see that.

Does anyone know if the MRC will be exhibiting that large 0 gauge layout? The name escapes me, but I must say I found it very impressive.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LNERW1 said:

I think I remember seeing that at last year’s August show- brilliant layout, I hope I can make it to the show even just to see that.

Does anyone know if the MRC will be exhibiting that large 0 gauge layout? The name escapes me, but I must say I found it very impressive.

Yes,"Little Siddinton "will be in operation.

• Like 2

Hi all. 

I will be bringing my layout Past-Avenue down and I'll also have some of the 3D print items that I am making with me for sale. We will have a little Weathering station available at the show and can have a look and chat etc.

Below are the items I'm am currently making. 

Mark's Models will have the Dapol prestwin chassis that these wagons sit on at the show aswell. 20240425_110448.thumb.jpg.2a7122ca6943580353c46081f9dec89a.jpg20240425_105504.thumb.jpg.17aeb044a35f13dee81bf4454cad18b0.jpg20240425_112502.thumb.jpg.a4ac3ce069354119277194c6d93e944f.jpg20240422_154304.thumb.jpg.ae3c9c5a6b44d48b96706cd37af0393e.jpg20240329_165015.thumb.jpg.800e08c5de02fbcb2539f1b59d01c80c.jpg20240317_100408.thumb.jpg.b68130b8945841f0ac5801196236417e.jpg

Enda 

• Like 10
  • WOW! 1

3 hours ago, irishmail said:

Was considering going down for the day, but would involve and 8 hour round trip from Mayo! :) 

Hey, I’m going from Laois! You’d think that’d be closer, but it’s a pain in the hole because, as everyone knows, Laois doesn’t exist and was invented by the Illuminati to detract from Kilkenny and Offaly’s power, as they were afraid they would overtake Dublin, Cork and Fermanagh (Which also doesn’t exist, long story).

I reserve the right to be concerned that @Metrovik just reacted “agree” to that…

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

5 minutes ago, LNERW1 said:

Hey, I’m going from Laois! You’d think that’d be closer, but it’s a pain in the hole because, as everyone knows, Laois doesn’t exist and was invented by the Illuminati to detract from Kilkenny and Offaly’s power, as they were afraid they would overtake Dublin, Cork and Fermanagh (Which also doesn’t exist, long story).

I reserve the right to be concerned that @Metrovik just reacted “agree” to that…

Well now, was In Wales recently for a bit of volunteering on a narrow gauge railway ( different laws regarding ages of volunteers over-there), and talked to dozens of people over there, who invariably asked "where in Ireland are you from?" When I replied "Laois", They simply looked at me like I was speaking As Gaeilge and replied "Ive been to Galway........." 

Fair enough its a different country but you'd think at least one would have heard of it.

58 minutes ago, LNERW1 said:

UPDATE: THE ARROW BADGE IS BROKEN, I AM DEVASTATED.

It'll probably be fine, just the clip on the back is damaged slightly. I can probably just replace it with one from another badge.

Sorry to hear that, drop me a message I'll see what we can do. :)

An enjoyable visit to Wexford MRC Show  a large number of excellent layouts Rathmichael, Little Siddington Ballybeg Bogroad Past Avenue to name a few,  lots of room, plenty of chat added to the badge collection at Tailte tours stand, chat with Fran at IRM stand the ICR prototype impressive and the IR MK2 coaches,    well done all at WMRC

20240506_131925.jpg

20240506_124418.jpg

20240506_130813.jpg

20240506_123603.jpg

Edited by Bob229
Photos
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Another fabulous show by the truly lovely folks at Wexford Model Railway Club - I traveled down from Dublin on sunny Sunday morning at a relaxed pace on undoubtedly the most scenic motorway journey in the country, fortified by a tasty sandwich and tea in the Station Cafe, out to meet welcoming, knowledgeable and fun people for the afternoon - from super layout hosts to a Donegal YouTube'r to IRM front man Fran etc. Now one of my very favourite annual events. Well done to all at WMRC.

George    

• Like 7
  • Agree 1