077 let loose

Rate this topic

thewanderer

Good evening all,

It's what we have been waiting for weeks on end. Repainted 077 has been let loose on the network. The loco was trialled at lunchtime today from Inchicore to Sallins and as the trial was successful she was soon pressed into service with a wagon transfer to North Wall. Sometimes you can't get them all so a massive thanks to GM233 and Mr. Church for allowing me to share their photos of the loco trial and wagon transfer to North Wall.

All the photos can be viewed at http://smu.gs/14YbpEt

Enjoy,

The Wanderer.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good!

Anyone who wants to model her should note she has a different pattern of buffers at each end...

That's an eye for detail right there.

It has tapered oval buffers on the fan end and standard oval buffers on the other. Wouldn't have spotted that unless I was told to look for it.

077 is supposed to be on taras from tomorrow so plenty of chances to get some more snaps of it for the next week or so seeing as it will be running to times. Just have to get which link it's on. It should get nice and grimy in no time working taras. I'll be checking at Howth Junction from 11:15 tomorrow to see if it turns up but that will only be if it works the empties up tonight.

It will probably work the 14:00 ex North Wall empties up and either 072 or 081 will be taken off.

Edited by Railer

Fair play to ye for getting the photos, severe dedication Wanderer, always impressive.

The only severe dedication from me was mobilising and directing the troops ;) , not much I could do today with less than an hours notice. Fair play to one of the guys who dropped what he was doing and was soon on the M7 heading to a rendezvous with history.

The only severe dedication from me was mobilising and directing the troops ;) , not much I could do today with less than an hours notice. Fair play to one of the guys who dropped what he was doing and was soon on the M7 heading to a rendezvous with history.

A rendezvous with history! =)) Very Churchillian!

Doc, Marty, Jennifer, and the Flux Capacitor?

No...that future is just over TWO YEARS away (October 21, 2015). I'm looking forward to driving a Hover Car....that would add an interesting element to chasing trains :)

The quote I used is further into the future, within my lifetime (I hope!).

Forgot to say well spotted Pat on the buffers :-bd=D=D

Just noted that 076 is the same too. It has the different buffers on the fan end and the standard ones on the other but it had them even before is was painted into the freight livery.

I missed the first laden tara this morning. It was running up to 15 mins early. For the past two weeks it passed Howth Junction between 11:15 and 11:35, today I heard it go by at 11 on the dot. I won't be able to catch any of the other links today to find out where 077 is.

the more i see the new livery the more i like it! :tumbsup: she looks a completely different shade when out in the open compaired to the shot of her in the shop at inchicore. id say Westy will be busy printing decals for 077 and 071. now te question is will paddy murphy bring out that livery?confused-face-smiley-emoticon.gif

Agreed Seamus the more I look at the photos the more I love the new livery its amazing how something as simple as removing the grab irons and a new coat of paint has transformed the loco and given her a new lease of life

It's a bit more than that. The bodywork and cabs have been completely rebuilt to a very high standard.