The Big One

Rate this topic

Kinvara-Train

• 2 months later...

I won't be there, costs are too high and the organisers were very slow in responding to inquiries. Quite a few have told me they will not be attending.

Their will be knitting, sewing and arts and crafts, the only railway related items are Wexford model railway club and Abbeyleix.

I won't be there, costs are too high and the organisers were very slow in responding to inquiries. Quite a few have told me they will not be attending.

Their will be knitting, sewing and arts and crafts, the only railway related items are Wexford model railway club and Abbeyleix.

Id imagine given the price of hiring the venue, the organisers are taking a big financial gamble too. No offence intended to those living outside the capital, but it strikes me as an inflated version of the model farm shows seen around the country - ie 90% diecast models/dioramas. Fine, but you need to be more diverse to call it a hobby show. The MRSI were not contacted and I doubt the SDMRC were either. Granted Im a railway modeller, but I appreciate hobbys and crafts, but they need to look more outside the 'bubble' imo. The hall could easily fit any travelling layout that exists in the country.

Will attend, but am curious to see if they can fill the hall at Punchestown completely, and what the mix of trade and exhibitors is like....

Id imagine given the price of hiring the venue, the organisers are taking a big financial gamble too. No offence intended to those living outside the capital, but it strikes me as an inflated version of the model farm shows seen around the country - ie 90% diecast models/dioramas. Fine, but you need to be more diverse to call it a hobby show. The MRSI were not contacted and I doubt the SDMRC were either. Granted Im a railway modeller, but I appreciate hobbys and crafts, but they need to look more outside the 'bubble' imo. The hall could easily fit any travelling layout that exists in the country.

Will attend, but am curious to see if they can fill the hall at Punchestown completely, and what the mix of trade and exhibitors is like....

Sometimes the clubs have had enough of Exhibiting after a year nearly gone, I found that out with the Cork Fair No Clubs were available to attend. You have additional expenses to meet as well for Traveling to and from the exhibition so sometimes it aint worth the lay out(forgive the pun). A club needs to be started in Cork really....

Was there on Saturday, as Blaine says, it was mostly farm and truck displays with the odd exception. The Wexford and Midlands clubs were the only layouts on show. I think the fact that Mark's Models only had a few starter sets, in terms of railway stock, on sale tells what the target audience was this year. It was good to see the NDMFC being well represented. The Back to the Future Delorean was nice to see too.

Hopefully it was successful and continues next year, maybe with more railway displays included :)

• 1 year later...
Any intention to get this back in 2015? The realist in my says no. My abiding memory of this is my pal showing an 'admit 1' pass, me reaching for my wallet and being told 'ah sure gwan in'

...Ah sure gwan in.

Ah no.

Ah gwan, gwan, gwan.

Ah no Mrs. Doyle.

GWANNN!!!