The Joy of Public Transport

Rate this topic

IrishModelRail

Maybe it's just old age in my case, but I couldn't be bothered trying to humour of "make allowances" or give therapy to the likes of that... just liquidise them...... the damage caused to tourism as a result of any UK or American citizen witnessing that is to me, far more important than that individual or his ilk.....

This lad certainly is letting off steam...
Remember lads there are two sides to every story-and what you see is not nice,but speaking from experience when people are vulnerable they are an easy target for scumbags who take great satisfaction in provoking people-and this is what happened here......that's all I'll say on the matter. Edited by ttc0169

Remember lads there are two sides to every story-and what you see is not nice,but speaking from experience when people are vulnerable they are an easy target for scumbags who take great satisfaction in provoking people-and this is what happened here......that's all I'll say on the matter.

you make a very valid point there ttc.

After a few unpleasantnesses on the train to Holyhead and the boat, I used to make a point of checking the fixtures and trying to avoid days with potential for obnoxious fans to be about.

The worst I ever had were Australian rugby fans, who were just atrocious. Yet, on another occasion, I noticed a few matching shirts on the boat and became aware that there were dozens on fans aboard. I had to ask who they were, as it was an away shirt and I didn't recognise it - they were Wolves fans - so, you can't always tell, I would have travelled another day if I'd known they were going to be on and yet they were absolutely no trouble....

• 2 months later...