Irish Georgian Soc - Buildings / Card

Rate this topic

BosKonay

From the website, they look to have been designed to OO

Anke Eckardt, an enthusiastic model builder, was making a miniature version of her local village for her son's railway layout when she came up with the idea of making a kit that everyone could enjoy.

Her friend David Scott, experienced in digital printing, saw the model and suggested that more villages and towns would love to have a tiny version made of themselves.

And so, together they set about designing models of Irish towns.

They dont seem to be to a set scale, but look passably OO

Site says

Each building varies in size but approx 10cm high x 8cm wide x 8cm deep.

It does say -"Anke Eckardt, an enthusiastic model builder, was making a miniature version of her local village for her son's railway layout when she came up with the idea of making a kit that everyone could enjoy."

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10476[/ATTACH]

Looks like Glendergs little phone box in that photo ! :)

I must break my self imposed silence for a moment. The IRM drug is tough to kick. If thats my phone box, then the adjacent shop has only a four foot door!

But seriously, i love the idea of five shops/houses for fifteen quid. I may "borrow" it.

I would say to the discerning modeller that these models wont suit your layout, etched brass or no!

However, if you have a small person with some thomas the tank engine stuff, buy it. Buy it in spades, and put it together with them. Reason I say this is that sometime in the early eighties, someone in Kelloggs asked youngfla's like me to stick 20p to a coupon and post it to some wonderous place in dublin. A week later up to 16 card buildings arrived which survived until the late 90's. They may have been over scale, very tumbribge wells in nature, but i reckon i wouldnt be at this craic without them. So, if this christmas you do only one bit of modelling, give this lady a bit of business and inspire the next generation. You'd be surprised the effect it can have. Back to health and safety legislation..... :SORRY: Richie

The Capital

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10477[/ATTACH]

Ah the best pub in Cork is featured....The Hi-b. Second floor above the Chemist which is the right hand building. They dropped a few samples off in the shop maybe 2 years ago, Made the Ballydehob ones and stuck it on the window. They are nice but basic. they come on a postcard too which is a great idea.

Edited by Georgeconna

Ah the best pub in Cork is featured....The Hi-b. Second floor above the Chemist which is the right hand building. They dropped a few samples off in the shop maybe 2 years ago, Made the Ballydehob ones and stuck it on the window. They are nice but basic. they come on a postcard too which is a great idea.

The Hi-b George, it sounds like Corks version of Tom Mahers in Waterford from what I've heard about it.

Rich,

That's the pub where you get barred for fiddling with a mobile phone!

A neat idea, but I don't like the 'watercolour' look of them. Need a bit of work to make them presentable on a layout.

Or Fiddling with other stuff. Brian is pushing on now so it aint the same. All Fancy boys and would you believe ladys in Situ. O clallaghans now for me, E3.00 a Beamish and no tele.