Rails & Postage

Rate this question

burnthebox

Question

16 answers to this question

Hi guys, anyone on her had problems with postage of items from Rails of Shiefield ? an item I bought failed to arrive, got refund ok, but a little disappointed, also not the first time with problems of postage of items from Rails

I've bought from them a few times and all has been fine when they arrived (and all did.) What annoys me about them is that when you buy off their website you have no idea what you'll be charged in P&P until it arrives. I tend to use others instead like Hattons because of it. Only use Rails for their limited editions now which have been top notch.

Did you buy from their website or EBay store? At least they refunded you which is good service. You've been pretty unlucky if it's happened more than once.

This is all very interesting since I have just purchased from them and found that the postage charges were very transparent. Admittedly, I did email them beforehand but they did what they said. Maybe they have learned from customer feedback.

Stephen

This is all very interesting since I have just purchased from them and found that the postage charges were very transparent. Admittedly, I did email them beforehand but they did what they said. Maybe they have learned from customer feedback.

Stephen

It's probably better for UK customers, such as yourself. It's probably the overseas postage that most people, myself included, have had concerns about.

Edit: But no problems with items being delivered, I must say!

Well guys, the item I bought was on Ebay, Rails Vault ! bargined for it too, it was an Irish item which I was looking forward to getting, don't know anything about this Rails Vault thing ! I did get the refund no problem, The other item I bought some time back arrived but it took 10 days, steventrain you sem to have all the luck ! Delivered in 2/3 days & free postage, I think I'll move

Well guys, the item I bought was on Ebay, Rails Vault ! bargined for it too, it was an Irish item which I was looking forward to getting, don't know anything about this Rails Vault thing ! I did get the refund no problem, The other item I bought some time back arrived but it took 10 days, steventrain you sem to have all the luck ! Delivered in 2/3 days & free postage, I think I'll move

10 days is a bit long alright. Usually have it to Dublin in about 5-6 working days.

Use parcelmotel.com - pay €3.50 to pick it up from your local 'motel' and get free postage from the seller

Have thought of giving the option a try, don't know if it works in my area, something about shop closing / closed, will check it out for next time I'm buying from them,

I've bought from them a few times and all has been fine when they arrived (and all did.) What annoys me about them is that when you buy off their website you have no idea what you'll be charged in P&P until it arrives. I tend to use others instead like Hattons because of it. Only use Rails for their limited editions now which have been top notch.

Did you buy from their website or EBay store? At least they refunded you which is good service. You've been pretty unlucky if it's happened more than once.

I preferred to buy from Hattons due to better transparency and good prices on shipping (which they must have subsidized based on what I'v been charged by other vendors),but since they are no longer stocking Murphy Models due to some change in their business, at that's no longer an option.

Stephen

That's they key but it's a hassle as it's not done automatically on the website

Have thought of giving the option a try, don't know if it works in my area, something about shop closing / closed, will check it out for next time I'm buying from them,

Paul, I don't know where you are located but there are locations within 12 miles of Wicklow town though not in the town itself, I think.

Topaz, Church Road, Greystones

Kilmacanogue Topaz Bray

Arklow Tesco, Wexford Road, Arklow

Bray Centra Boghall Rd, Bray

Spare a thought for those of us who can't find a bargain at the local show, pay more than the odds or do without and wait weeks for delivery on occasion….

(try the auld Parcel Motel):)

Paul, I don't know where you are located but there are locations within 12 miles of Wicklow town though not in the town itself, I think.

Topaz, Church Road, Greystones

Kilmacanogue Topaz Bray

Arklow Tesco, Wexford Road, Arklow

Bray Centra Boghall Rd, Bray

Spare a thought for those of us who can't find a bargain at the local show, pay more than the odds or do without and wait weeks for delivery on occasion….

show in Bray on Sunday 29.03.15 B&B then Rail's :)

Walter

The West a Wake