"Modelling " a DeDietrich

Rate this topic

tonybonneyba

last night I started designing a Lego (I think you can class this as a model) DeDietrich Driving Trailer in L.D.D 4.

The driving trailer will be 8 studs wide & around 30 studs long. I have been designing this in my head for around two weeks now, so I think I know what I would like.

The livery will be the 2006/7 - 2015 Emarald Strip livery.image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

today's plan:

Finish the DVT off which involves improving the door shape, adding the other wall, shrinking the gangway & adding a roof & driver

Start on the 1st + coach with a different design to make the slopes match with the above brick, if it gets finished today, start on the 2O1 GM & try to figure out how to add DCC sound to it for when it get it :)

Driving trailer is done! Hope you all like it :D

Front views

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Side view

image.jpg

Rear detail

image.jpg

image.jpg

Passenger comfort

image.jpg

image.jpg

Drivers console

image.jpg

Now to buy parts to build a 201 & a mk3 genny with working exhausts along with a battery pack to power the coach lights....

Edited by tonybonneyba
Correcting a auto correct that stated a swear word

I have now started on the the class 201 & will have pictures up later, in the main time, would any of the kind ladies or gentle men here have a photo of the new MMI console in the refurbished class two O one cabs that I can possibly use?

Side note:

There will be no engine details in the 201 as I hope to dcc sound it with a 66/201 sound chip, would any here able to recommend a good model speaker & sound chip?

This may be Lego, but this model will be weathered & painted into its livery as the the livery I'm doing is near impossible to do in a 8 stud wide, 30 stud long model in Lego, hence the cheating.

Tony.

Hi Tony

Yes, I'm enjoying this to...

Recently when playing Lego with my 5 year old nephew I decided to go freestyle- well that was it, the walls came tumbling down, he ran off in disgust and complained to his mummy ''he's broken it, he's not using the instructions''

I still have some Lego- though I use it for making mould casings!

Eoin

Sorry for the delay, been a bit busy with other important things, but, after the DCDR running day is over & when I get home. I shall post some photos of what I have done on the 201 so far.

Because I want to dcc sound this loco & it's Lego, & I'll be using the Lego train 9 volt system, what would the best way to dcc this loco & fit sound & what sound chip & speakers do you all recommend?

Also, I'll be building two terminus stations & possibly one/two in between stations, what shall they named & which stations should IÉ style & which should be NIR style?

Tony.

I have now started on the the class 201 & will have pictures up later, in the main time, would any of the kind ladies or gentle men here have a photo of the new MMI console in the refurbished class two O one cabs that I can possibly use?

Side note:

There will be no engine details in the 201 as I hope to dcc sound it with a 66/201 sound chip, would any here able to recommend a good model speaker & sound chip?

This may be Lego, but this model will be weathered & painted into its livery as the the livery I'm doing is near impossible to do in a 8 stud wide, 30 stud long model in Lego, hence the cheating.

Tony.

Mr Soundguy (see: http://www.mrsoundguy.co.uk) does the best 201 soundproject on Zimo soundchips. The best speakers are the Bass Reflex from DCCsupplies.com (check if Zimo model needs 4 or 8 oHm resistance speaker). Hopefully the Lego model will have plenty of room to accommodate these. Mr Soundguy also does O gauge soundchips if you are building a very large model.

Legolip Louisa Bridge & Legoderry...?

I'll like "Legoderry", but I don't want every name to have Lego in the name, for example, I have L R T S as the rail company, which stands for " Lego Royal Train Society " , so if the other three names not have Lego in the name please :)

(Yes, I'm sticking with Legoderry for the first station, thanks! :D )

Mr Soundguy (see: http://www.mrsoundguy.co.uk) does the best 201 soundproject on Zimo soundchips. The best speakers are the Bass Reflex from DCCsupplies.com (check if Zimo model needs 4 or 8 oHm resistance speaker). Hopefully the Lego model will have plenty of room to accommodate these. Mr Soundguy also does O gauge soundchips if you are building a very large model.

Thank you! I shall go have a look at these in a wee bit. I'm pretty sure the 201 will have plenty of room for the equipment, but the question now is, how do I convert the Lego train 9 volt motor & system to dcc (I know it's possible, plenty of people have done it before, I'll post a link later to a video on YouTube)

Update on the L201! :D

First thing is first, I have got most of the in cab control details done & some outer parts done, but what I found out, is that even tho I have more than three draws of Lego, I can't find the correct parts, meaning a pick-a-brick/ eBay/ brick link order to get the correct parts :/

The buffer on the loco will not be the final buffers as I will be building some for the 201. The white lamps won't be staying (read above) due to not correct parts.

The bogie....

This is a prototype bogie which I will add details to soon.

Photos!

image.jpg

Tony.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Good evening all, to night I won't be working on the 201 nor the DeDietrich, as of having to make a pick a brick/ brick link order (which I'll do after the 18th), so I decided to continue on my older project instead, converting the now really really expensive Lego set Emerald Night steam locomotive into Mave (the 800 class loco, who can be found in Clutra Ulster folk & transport museum).

I'll have photos up later

I have checked out Mr Soundguy & his work is really impressive, any idea on where I can get the 201 sound chip & for how much?

Zimo decoders can use both 4ohm or 8ohm speakers.

CHANGE OF PLANS

I'll be building the class 201 in NIR blue livery first instead of the 2015/16 Enterprise swirl livery (which I'll do after)

The Blue 201 will carry the following

- White Logo

- White Numbers

- The Letters "LRTS" on each end under the window

- DCC sound

The numbers, logos & letters etc will come from Rail Tech Transfers with thanks to Steve.

After I'm done with the Blue 201 (still to be numbered - I'll let you gentlemen & ladies chose), I'll build the Mk3 genny with a Lego battery pack to power the lighting in the DeDietrich along with a smoke genny to give a more realistic look & after the mk3 I'll build one standard class DeDietrich coach ( with lighting), one buffet DeDietrich coach (with lightning) & one DeDietrich dvt (with lightning).

I'll let you kind ladies & gentlemen choose the numbers for the coaches (although, not the dvt as that will be 9002 since i worked on it during the refurbishment during my work experience)

The coaching will be in the emerald N' sliver 2006-2015 livery (still on 9004)

If all goes well, I might build a 111 after words (no sound) since the are more simple to build..... Maybe three mk2s as well or hoppers ;)

First I've seen of this, very interesting. As a bit of a lego lover myself I've been working on my own designs a while back. Had the guts of a BR Clayton done, still needs a lot of work though. Will you be sharing the finished file? Might be interested in doing one off your instructions myself.