"Modelling " a DeDietrich

Rate this topic

tonybonneyba

First I've seen of this, very interesting. As a bit of a lego lover myself I've been working on my own designs a while back. Had the guts of a BR Clayton done, still needs a lot of work though. Will you be sharing the finished file? Might be interested in doing one off your instructions myself.

Thank you :)

Your BR Clayton sounds very interesting, will you be doing a thread on it if you go back to it?

Wouldn't go by my instructions if I where you, my models always fall apart, but, if I get near a PC & figure out how, I'll be more than happy to upload the instructions for the DVT & any other projects relating :)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you :)

Your BR Clayton sounds very interesting, will you be doing a thread on it if you go back to it?

Wouldn't go by my instructions if I where you, my models always fall apart, but, if I get near a PC & figure out how, I'll be more than happy to upload the instructions for the DVT & any other projects relating :)

Sweet, I'll stick up a pic up of it when I get home later if I get the chance, from the cab windows up needs a complete re work.

I have started a design for the first terminal station IRL, but I think it'll be easier to design in LDD4. Yes. I know, three things at once, the class 201 & dedietrich set, the emerald night conversion & repairs & now stations.... At these will keep the thread going & (hopefully!) interesting.

The station building will be big, but it will only have two - three platforms with "glass" canopies. I am unsure if this station will be a IÉ styled staton or a NIR one. I am unsure for a name for this station too as I want the Legoderry one to have a small building but a wide & stylish platform. I'll let you guy's & gals come up a name for the bigger station, but can NOT have the word "Lego" in it nor any thing silly daft, stupid rude or childish in it. I'll also have a small halt or two for next years Lego project (try & guess what the thump it is) so I need names for them as well.

Btw, since the stations will be designed in LDD4, it will allow me to upload the instructions for the station if I figure out how.

Station Names & bases:

The past couple of days, I've been hard thinking of station & station halt names & as a result these are the names & station based ons:

GREAT BRICKTORIA STREET / GBS

This station will be the station that is currently WIP in LDD4 (see above). The station will have the the information area based on the one in GVS bus station, a foot bridge at the end of the station which will be based off Moria's new one & the cafe area based off in Connolly

Hunter Street

This station is a halt based off various different NIR halts with a small station building & a glass conapy on one platform. It is named Hunter street after my mums side of the family. It will contain a level crossing, a small station building, a glass canopy, modern station signs on one side, class 1980s/1990s NIR ones on the other side. This station will able to hold a 2 car train on both platforms.

Oliver's Road

This station will be based at the border between NI & Ireland. It will hold a three car train on the main two platforms & a 2 car train in the bay platform. One platform will be IÉ based will two & two A platforms will be NIR based. It will have the old school tin shelters from NIR on one platform while the other will have a small but nice looking station building & canopy. It will have the late 90's - 2006 style station signs.

The station name is based off my best friends last name.

To be named

This station will be Irish based & will be modern styled. I'm not sure what it will be like as of yet, all I know is that its modern, it has three platforms/ 4 tracks & it will hold a 4 car + loco train & its Irish.

It will be named by a friend from DCDR, so no more name suggestions.

Tony.

Sorry fo nothing on the station for a while, or anything really, I've been busy with other things & will be....

You have track, trains & stations, but how do you maintain & keep trains? - a depot, I might in the future build a small depot, while your waiting for the next update, why not suggest things for the depot, what depots it should be based on & names (with out Lego or brick in them!)

Tony.

Tonight, i have done some work on Great Bricktroia Street Station, this involved fixing the information/ticket sales desk, adding adverts & information posters to the information / tickets sales desk & adding details inside that area. I also added barriers & gates to get on the platform, & details to the unfinished platform stairs. I have also added a sitting area & a built up area for a small cafe/shop wich is the same height as the platform. You may have also noticed that i have added a upper level, this is for control & signaling. I have done another change which ill let you keen eyes point out ;)

Let me know what you think of GBS so far & suggestions etc.

stationV2xx.png

Enjoy!

Tony.

stationV2.png

stationV2bb.png

stationV2cc.png

stationV2mm.png

stationV2nn.png

stationV2sh.png

stationV2vv.png

Something I don't often do, but any one with Lego or Lego Digital Designer 4 (you can download it for for from www.lego.com), could you design a 22k rail car for me a the Max width of 8 studs wide & the Max length per car at 35 studs long using the ball joint as a coupler please.

I would do it myself, but I have two projects already ( this large Lego exhibit project & Photoshop) which are already taken a lot of time along with helping my dad at work & a trip for three days in august, do I'm a bit busy ATM, so if you want be part of this project & you don't mind, it will very much appreciated :)

If you do it in LDD4, could you send me the files?

Many of many thanks,

Tony.