Rate this topic

ttc0169

For ultimate realism 201 should be in the original livery :-bd

Correct-I should have used 220 instead....incidently it was 18 years on the 6th June 1994 since 201 landed in this country on board that Antonov,

Its first run was on Tuesday 14th June when it operated light engine from Inchicore-Kildare-Inchicore,

201 was officially launched on Friday 24th June 1994-and over the weekend of the 25th/26th June worked a series of load trials of up to 1,000 tonnes between Cork and Rathpeacon,

Unfortinuatly today Friday 22 June 2012 loco 201 is stored next to 205,202 and 212 on the scrap bank line at Inchicore works,

Although my 201 is back in service at the front of the executive set this evening,

Thank Retro for the comments-the sound chips have really made a difference to the layout.

• 2 weeks later...

209 looks stunning Noel. There is no doubting the fact that the repainting and weathering services provided by the traders and professionals on this site is of the highest quality that you could ask for. I've got to say that the original Enterprise livery and the original as delivered IE livery best suit the 201's. I can't wait for MM to release 230 in the original Enterprise livery, and if it isn't until next year then the wait will be worth it.

By the way Noel the layout looks amazing =D.

Rich,

• 2 weeks later...

Early Saturday morning on Tara Jctn sees recently repainted NIR loco 209 work the 10:00 down Mk4 service passing sister loco 8208 on an up Mk2 service with an ICR on the local service,while 229 ticks over on shed after being replaced earlier by 209.

image-3194682685.jpg

image-2991809645.jpg

image-3194682685.jpg

image-2991809645.jpg

Not to mention the double Bo-Bos on the BBC and ammonia trains, the orange 201 with the MkIIIs and the 2600-class railcar also featuring in the pictures. I've said it before and I'll say it again Noel - an absolutely stunning layout! I suppose that the DFDS liner will live on at Tara Jctn.

Not to mention the double Bo-Bos on the BBC and ammonia trains, the orange 201 with the MkIIIs and the 2600-class railcar also featuring in the pictures. I've said it before and I'll say it again Noel - an absolutely stunning layout! I suppose that the DFDS liner will live on at Tara Jctn.

Many thanks Josefstadt,it took me a while to figure out the consisting operation for the 2x 141s-but I got there-and I'm happy with that operation,

Yes the DFDS liner is in the pipeline-with some weedspray wagons to add to the weedspray coach that's lying in a siding,

Thanks again lads.

I've recorded lots of videos of the new layout on my iPhone and will gladly put them on here-except I don't know how to,any help would be greatly appreciated....

Simplest is to use YouTube.

From your phone, open the video and tap the little share icon. Choose publish to YouTube then enter a few details and within a few minutes it will be online.

Then copy the YouTube URL and in the thread click the little movie icon, paste in the URL and the video will embed here.

Many thanks Boskonay and Eamonn-I'm working on the video end of things,

In the meantime I bought a few of these excellent Hornby KFA container wagons during the week,the under frame detail is top class and the added bonus of sprung buffers is a nice touch,

Now even though they are a 60ft wagons-(ideal for conversion to a timber train)-I decided to use them for my IWT liner as the choice of containers/tanks that come with the wagons are the same as what the real IWT liner carries,and it would be a shame to start cutting and shortening such a fine wagon,

The metal frame is heavy and also helps the wagons when running around the layout without containers,

So,after repainting the wagons with red oxide paint and applying some 30XXX bogie wagon numbers-it was time for 220 to haul them empty on a trial run around Tara Jctn-all went well,

Hera are a few photos of the wagons and the trial run.......

image-719500891.jpg

image-3898639826.jpg

image-2894917979.jpg

image-4158819503.jpg

image-719500891.jpg

image-3898639826.jpg

image-2894917979.jpg

image-4158819503.jpg

more pics Noel

(This one is for 201bhoy)-220 works a fully loaded IWT liner seen here passing the ammonia and bulk cement.

After a loco change which seen 220 allocated to the Mk2 set,8208 was put on to the IWT-a rare loco on a freight train,

Shortly after taking over the liner the CTC signalman contacted the driver to say that the hot box detector had been activated and to stop and examine his train,

Here we see Driver Anthony about to examine his train having asked Eamonn the CTC signalman for signal protection-209 on the Mk4 set being held at the station until the all clear is given.

image-1522645357.jpg

image-3365753895.jpg

image-1522645357.jpg

image-3365753895.jpg