Rate this topic

ttc0169

Beautiful! Is that second shot modelled on around Inchicore?

Yes Vincent it is loosely based around Inchicore-Heuston with the four track bi-directional lines which give me lots of operating options,

Here are a few photos of Monday evenings locos which are being serviced at the depot for evening passenger and freight services,

146 gets checked over at the running shed before being allocated to a fertliser train.

A view from the cab of 156 of various locos in the yard.

201 off the 19:00 Mk3 set arrives at the shed and gets checked out-while 210 awaits a driver to work it back to the station for passenger duties,

Locos 155+156 will work the oil train transfer from the oil road siding over to the railcar depot and later to the carriage valeting plant after the passenger services have finished.

image-778893695.jpg

image-2006598248.jpg

image-677160458.jpg

image-778893695.jpg

image-2006598248.jpg

image-677160458.jpg

Or, driver Anthony is on his way to the signal box to look at the

Tour De France with signalman Eamonn on his TV.

Feck the liner train, said Anthony, she may wait till I see who

won todays stage.:)

Driver Anthony asked signalman Eamonn have you seen "Ticket inspector Noel anywhere".

"Yes" says Eamonn "I sent him for a pizza and Some beers"

Party!!! says Anthony

Will the liner move or will the 3 boys get drunk and have IE's first party train

Tune in next week to find out

=))=))=))=))=))

[ATTACH]1808[/ATTACH]

This is so impressive, looks fantastic, well done. Scale doesn't apply really. The more I looked though, the more I wondered why the dude in the white overalls and pink undergear was shiftin' 146. I don't expect an explanation PIMP, I'm really impressed that you made it look so natural!!!

Richie.

Driver Anthony asked signalman Eamonn have you seen "Ticket inspector Noel anywhere".

"Yes" says Eamonn "I sent him for a pizza and Some beers"

Party!!! says Anthony

Will the liner move or will the 3 boys get drunk and have IE's first party train

Tune in next week to find out

=))=))=))=))=))

Or will the Liner train move off with three very drunk IE staff in control? :ROFL:

And lovely shots there :)

Withdrawn 181 class loco 191.

Recently spotted on the back of Donnell and Ellis low loader was withdrawn loco 191 heading for Tara Jctns loco depot

After being unloaded the body shell was dumped at the back of the loco sheds awaiting a decision on its future

Today the Chief mechanical engineer came to view the loco and it was decided that the loco was uneconomic to repair-so the decision has been made to scrap the loco,

Here we see the loco about to be stripped of all useful parts-while the tender goes out for the cutting up of the loco

For the younger members of the group,

The real loco 191 was Northwall pilot loco on 17th August 1991 when after being left unattended mysteriously ran driverless from Northwall as far as Clonsilla where the signalman diverted the runaway loco into a siding where it collided with the buffer stop,catching fire in the process,

After being brought back to Inchicore the loco was dumped at the back of the works and stripped for spare parts,eventually being cut up sometime in 1998-the first 181 class to be withdrawn and scrapped

The model is a former MIR white metal kit.

image-3407191467.jpg

image-3009365353.jpg

image-1955360391.jpg

image-1526725660.jpg

image-112512710.jpg

image-129497824.jpg

image-3407191467.jpg

image-3009365353.jpg

image-1955360391.jpg

image-1526725660.jpg

image-112512710.jpg

image-129497824.jpg

That question may never be answered........!!!!!!!

Great piece of modeling history,who'd have thought of that.

Saturday 17th August 1991, I remember that day well, 191 was the Midland pilot in North Wall, it shunted the Sligo liner earlier that morning, but its that crucial final hour 15.00 / 16.00 that remains a mystery to this day, 1 of the greatest gricing mysteries of our time, around 13.00 it was parked up beside ''the huts'' in the Midland, I actually heard it depart NW via Newcommen @15.35 and thought it strange, next morning it was in the Sunday paper ''runaway locomotive crashes at Clonsilla'' meself & the Wife take a drive to Clonsilla, loco 161 was on site with the steam crane lifting poor 191 off the buffers, within a short time after that incident loco 161 was also withdrawn totally unconnected with this incident, some say it was tainted with bad luck from 191, think about it, turn de 6 upside down, what do ya get, I know, its scary, very scary, what happened to 191, the rumours have done the rounds over the years with 2stories, but tis still a mystery.

Regards

hg

Great piece of modeling history,who'd have thought of that.

Saturday 17th August 1991, I remember that day well, 191 was the Midland pilot in North Wall, it shunted the Sligo liner earlier that morning, but its that crucial final hour 15.00 / 16.00 that remains a mystery to this day, 1 of the greatest gricing mysteries of our time, around 13.00 it was parked up beside ''the huts'' in the Midland, I actually heard it depart NW via Newcommen @15.35 and thought it strange, next morning it was in the Sunday paper ''runaway locomotive crashes at Clonsilla'' meself & the Wife take a drive to Clonsilla, loco 161 was on site with the steam crane lifting poor 191 off the buffers, within a short time after that incident loco 161 was also withdrawn totally unconnected with this incident, some say it was tainted with bad luck from 191, think about it, turn de 6 upside down, what do ya get, I know, its scary, very scary, what happened to 191, the rumours have done the rounds over the years with 2stories, but tis still a mystery.

Regards

hg

Great info there,thanks hg for sharing that,

161 was the first loco that I got a spin in from Ballina-Claremorris and back in 1988,a great day,

Thanks Sulzer201 for your comments.

Evening all,

I had a spare set of Lima Mk2 coaches left on a siding on the layout,so I decided to repaint them into CIE Supertrain livery,three coaches were shunted from the paint shop earlier by the RPSI loco B141 and left for inspection by the works manager on road no'2 beside the carriage valeting plant,

Super standard coaches 5101 and 5102.

Composite coach 5151 being examined by the works manager,

Still in the paint shop are another standard coach,a dining coach and an EGV.

Minor finishing work and transfers have still to be applied......with out road trials after that.

image-691132220.jpg

image-626335428.jpg

image-3152954073.jpg

image-691132220.jpg

image-626335428.jpg

image-3152954073.jpg

Edited by ttc0169

• 2 weeks later...

Your layout always captures an Irish feel,it really looks the part.A sad demise for your MIR 141,but a good idea for giving it a fling on the layout.I have a whitemetal MIR 141 myself,which until the arrival of the Murphy 141s,was the pride in my fleet.Now with the arrival of the 071/111s on the horizon,will your MIR one's be going the same way!

Keep up the good work,your layout is a credit to you.

[video=youtube_share;lfmq8SI2XeM]

Many thanks Gentlemen for your comments,

Baby GM-all of the workers are from the Bachmann Scenecraft range,

Lads,I've finally managed to upload some videos of the layout to Youtube-(if the above link doesn't work.then type in"Trains on Tara Junction"on youtube and see what you think..

Evening lads

I finished the Mk2 Supertrain coaches yesterday and gave them a trial run behind locos 181+177,

181+177.

I've also put together a four coach CIE mail train based on the one that used to operate between Dublin and Cork and Dublin-Galway during the 1970s-1990s,

As a bit of a novelty I bought the Hornby operating mail coach and repainted it into black and tan livery along with a Bachmann TPO coach,

The train has two mail coaches (2976+2977) a Cravens passenger coach (1515) and a BR type steam heating van (3177) hauled by 160+156

Passenger accommodation was also provided on some mail train e.g 05:50 Dublin-Cork,15:00 Cork -Dublin,

I've also uploaded two videos to YouTube of the mail train picking up and dropping off mailbags at speed,

Here are a few photos....

160+156 haul the mail train passing the Mk2 Supertrain.

The mail train stops at Central station for a crew change.

image-408809880.jpg

image-2727340867.jpg

image-1187179905.jpg

image-408809880.jpg

image-2727340867.jpg

image-1187179905.jpg

ttc0169

Are you doing a GAA special for the Final' date=' you'll have to make up a special, perhaps cravens with a pair of 141s.

Regards

hg[/quote']

That can be arranged hg,Watch this space.....

I'll never forget the 14 coach GAA special that I seen on the Ballina branch in September 1989 hauled by 135+188-12 Cravens and two steam heating vans-the biggest passenger train I had ever seen... great memories....

Edited by ttc0169