Rate this topic

ttc0169

The link to @ttc0169's YouTube channel, for anybody wishing to subscribe:

https://m.youtube.com/@noelenright5534/videos

Don't forget to hit that Bell icon to be notified of all the goodness. Sadly not a Bell Container icon.

I think it was @LNERW1, or somebody responding to one of his recent posts about the future of the hobby, decrying the lack of YouTube channels on Irish railway modelling. Any time I log into YouTube, I'm overwhelmed by the amount of Irish railway uploads!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

The link to @ttc0169's YouTube channel, for anybody wishing to subscribe:

https://m.youtube.com/@noelenright5534/videos

Don't forget to hit that Bell icon to be notified of all the goodness. Sadly not a Bell Container icon.

I think it was @LNERW1, or somebody responding to one of his recent posts about the future of the hobby, decrying the lack of YouTube channels on Irish railway modelling. Any time I log into YouTube, I'm overwhelmed by the amount of Irish railway uploads!

Cheers and thanks DJ👍👍👍

• Thanks 1

Recently acquired locomotive 171 had damage to the coupling and NEM pocket so I removed the coupling and detailed the front with a coupling hook,and air braked pipes-it was paired up with 189 to work a GAA special from Galway to Dublin Connolly formed of IRM MK2 a/b coaches. 

IMG_3913.jpeg

IMG_3914.jpeg

IMG_3917.jpeg

IMG_3918.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, NIRCLASS80 said:

What’s with the grey roof on the Mk2 coach?  Did they run like that in real life?  Interesting model

Morning Gareth,

Yes a small number of Mk2 a/bs received grey roofs-along with the Mk2Ds and compo Mk3s,and operated in service like that. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Silver fox kit built-Dutch GSV 3157 is the latest addition to the rolling stock fleet on Tara junction-the second such model

I have fitted out the interior to represent the real GSV-a boiler,generator and guards compartment has been modelled. 

IMG_3957.jpeg

IMG_3959.jpeg

IMG_3960.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DJ Dangerous said:

In real life, did the Dutch vans receive their twin white stripes prior to, or during, the rebuild for use with the Vic Berry Mk2’s?

Yes DJ….they received them prior to the three (4601,4602 & 4603) that were rebuilt as EGVs. 

Edited by ttc0169
  • Informative 2

• 2 weeks later...

GAA specials on Tara junction

112 works a Newry-Dublin Connolly Mk2 special

171+189 work a Galway-Dublin Connolly special. 

NIR class 450  works another Newry-Connolly special 

201 works an empty Mk3 executive special to Galway returning with the team early in the morning.

• Like 4

Friday night freight operations on Tara junction. 

054 on the 14:50 Marino point-Shelton abbey laden ammonia passes 080 working the 16:06 Cabra-Limerick empty bogie bulk cement. 

049 works the 09:40 empty ESSO oil tank train from Sligo to Northwall. 

IMG_4094.jpeg

IMG_4095.jpeg

IMG_4101.jpeg

IMG_4102.jpeg

• Like 7