Rate this topic

ttc0169

3 hours ago, NIRCLASS80 said:

Noel one little question, what lighting bar are you using?

Hi Gareth,

Gauge master formally train tech lighting bars were used. 

3 hours ago, Bob229 said:

Fantastic work, evening movements at Tara junction great effect, really like the Dutch vans are they Silverfox kits? Thanks 

Hi Bob,

The Dutch van was from the Shapeways  range of kits. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

On 9/12/2023 at 9:01 AM, DJ Dangerous said:

Lovely scenes, @ttc0169, both the night time shots and Lakeview Freight Yard.

@Arran's new boxes are sublime.

How did you find the Shapeways stuff to work with? I'm interested in a few bits and pieces but don't know what to expect.

Thanks DJ,

The quality of Shapeways products wasn’t great in the early days…that Dutch GSV is 12 years old at this stage…I haven’t used any of their products since so I can’t comment further. 

• Informative 1

A repeat of operations from last weekend is currently in progress on Tara junction…

The rare sight of 160+181 hauling a Mk3 push pull set working a Sligo-Dublin Connolly service-the control car being replaced by a modified Mk3 EGV,

127+133 work a Galway-Dublin Heuston Cravens set

129 hauling a Mk3 push pull set with control car 6101 forms the Dublin Heuston-Ballina relief service-another rare sight which was observed on the Ballina branch 30 years ago 

088 working a Dublin Heuston-Westport Mk3 set

8113 working a 10 piece Mk2 a/b set forming a Tralee-Dublin Heuston set,

048 working the Waterford-Dublin Heuston departs from the platform at Tara junction. 

080 works a Limerick-North wall BELL liner. — Happy new year to all followers

• Like 8

The year is 1994 and we see the transition between the CIE and IR livery’s ongoing,
Recently repainted into IR livery locomotive 049 is seen here departing from the fuel oil siding at the MPD on Tara junction.with some empty oil wagons-a few hours later the laden train returns and is propelled back into the siding for discharge into the underground tanks,while 049 is uncoupled and stabled for fuel,oil and water at the MPD.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, ttc0169 said:

Retro liveried locomotive 073 is in the wheel lathe shop at Tara junction getting its wheels reprofiled

Lovely stuff, Noel. Have you swapped out the wipers too? They look similar to the SSM offering. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, JasonB said:

Lovely stuff, Noel. Have you swapped out the wipers too? They look similar to the SSM offering. 

Yes Jason,well spotted-I can’t remember what company made them-not SSM-bought them in Warley a few years ago.  
I still have some packs-I’ll have a look for them and get back to you. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Eagle Eye Cherry here, well spotted!

Would be handy to know if somebody else is also offering the etched wipers.

True. They're always handy to have in the spares box. I think I might of cleared SSM out, last time I ordered them. 

• Like 2

While working the 07:00 Athlone-Dublin Heuston service railcars 2607+2608 collided with some animals on the line,

While no damage was done the smell was unbearable so the units were taken out of service and sent for washing and cleaning to Tara junction MPD…here we see the railcars being power washed earlier. 

In the last photo-Ryanair's 737MAX EI-HGY is seen banking to the right shortly after taking off from the local airport while en route to Liverpool. 

IMG_2775.jpeg

IMG_2777.jpeg

IMG_2776.jpeg

IMG_2781.jpeg

• Like 8
  • WOW! 2

While looking for something else,I found a spare MIR MX two axle wagon kit,which was turned into a barrier wagon for the oil tank rake of wagons,

Complete with a 20’ weathered container which was placed on the wagon-it has now been added to the oil liner-I am delighted with the outcome, it brings back memories of the real train I used to work from Claremorris twenty years ago. 

IMG_2818.jpeg

IMG_2823.jpeg

IMG_2828.jpeg

Edited by ttc0169
  • Like 10