Rate this topic

ttc0169

11 minutes ago, ttc0169 said:

Pre wired LED in the lamp of the signal post  👍

Thanks. I've not yet been able to find LEDs small enough, so was going to try a 3mm one under the baseboard and fibre optic it up to the lamp house

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

On the eve on what promises to be a great tour for the RPSI-the first 201 locomotive to work to Sligo in passenger service,we see locomotive 216 work the empty RPSI Cravens set through Tara junction on driver training runs. 

Let’s hope we pass the Sligo-Northwall  001 hauled BELL liner and the Mullingar-Connolly Cravens passenger hauled by 177+129

Retro 073 passes with the empty timber to Ballina. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ttc0169 said:

The 22:20 Sligo-Northwall oil tank liner hauled by 054 is seen here at Tara junction station awaiting a crew change. 

Those wagons have always been a favourite of mine. I've been contemplating starting on a rake for a while now, using the usual donors.  But then I keep telling myself, maybe a certain manufacture will eventually release an oil - molasses wagon. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, JasonB said:

Those wagons have always been a favourite of mine. I've been contemplating starting on a rake for a while now, using the usual donors.  But then I keep telling myself, maybe a certain manufacture will eventually release an oil - molasses wagon. 

Hello IRM…..is their anyone out there….

@Warbonnet😜

• Funny 3

13 hours ago, JasonB said:

Be amazed if they don't. Isn't the weedspray tank the same?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RedRich said:

Just nod if you can hear me.

If the junction was exhibited it would really draw the crowds  as the action taking place is what a large percentage of visitors would want to look at 

Super stuff as usual Noel.

Cheers and thanks Rich👍

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Love it!

Thank Crunchie it's Friday.

Your lighting is fabulous.

I'm only now noticing the embankment that's kind of hidden in most shots. Maybe an upside-down selfie stick would allow you film the layout from the opposite side? Never used one before myself so not sure if it would actually work.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JasonB said:

Brilliant stuff. 054 looks great with the oil wagons. 

Cheers and thanks Jason-the oil tanks are a favourite of mine,I worked the real things to and from Claremorris in days long gone now from the railway 👍

• Like 3

Absolutely outstanding, Noel. There is always SO much happening. Like wandering about Kingsbridge in the early 1970s, as I did, oblivious to the very few signs suggesting not to walk on tracks and so on..... I wandered, camera in hand, all rounmd the goods yard where the IRRS building is, across the tracks to the valeting plant, where I watched an "E" shunting carriages out of No. 2, and saw my first sighting of a brand-new 071 arriving from Waterford. Then, I wandered on over the tracks to the military platform (and here comes the "E" again), and back over to the end of what's now platform 5; another pic of a tin van parked there, and off I went. Nobody came near me!

Edited by jhb171achill
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Celebrating the 50th anniversary of the introduction of the Supertrain to service on Irish railways back in 1973,

Pioneer locomotive 001 is seen here working the 17:30 Cork-Dublin Heuston through Tara junction as B188+B125 work a laden fertiliser train  

IMG_1370.jpeg

• Like 7