Rate this topic

ttc0169

On 9/2/2024 at 11:07 PM, ttc0169 said:

An “Enterprising” night on Tara junction,

080 works the Belfast-Dublin Connolly Mk2 IR set representing the 1987-1993 era,

208 working a Derry-Dublin Connolly special representing the 1990s period

230 working the Dublin Connolly- Belfast De Dietrich set representing the 1997-present era. 

IMG_2955.jpeg

IMG_2952.jpeg

IMG_2957.jpeg

IMG_2954.jpeg

IMG_2958.jpeg

Fantastic images as usual. Always have a soft spot for the Enterprise workings, especially the 1990’s. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been working on improving the recently released Murphy models Mk2D set,
Firstly I removed the roof,added passengers, then interior lights and lastly replaced the tension lock couplings with the Westhill wagon works buckeye magnetic couplings. 
Delighted with the results 

IMG_3086.jpeg

IMG_3089.jpeg

IMG_3090.jpeg

IMG_3091.jpeg

IMG_3092.jpeg

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Georgeconna said:

closer couplings are the Job Noel. lights too. and Bleed through the sides?

Thanks George…yes there was a small amount along the sides but easily solved with black paint-the roof was most noticeable but again sorted with black paint,

West hill wagon works buckeye couplings need to be glued to the underside of the NEM pockets-it will cause the coaches to derail otherwise if inserted into the NEM

• Informative 2

On 23/2/2024 at 9:11 AM, ttc0169 said:

Found another MIR two axle wagon kit and finished  it off as an ex works barrier wagon for the rear of the oil train,complete with red tail lamps,coupling and vacuum brake pipe. 
A short oil wagon transfer trial is seen in Lakeview freight yard behind 018. 

IMG_2948.jpeg

IMG_2949.jpeg

Is that a Tayto van stripped naked?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gabhal Luimnigh said:

Where did you get those couplings Noel?

https://westhillwagonworks.com/

8 hours ago, DJ Dangerous said:

Is that a Tayto van stripped naked?

Yes-donated and altered by a good friend-a similar van was used in the 1980s for moving mail bags from Claremorris to Ballina and visa versa off the night mail train to Westport 

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

On 9/3/2024 at 7:35 PM, Keano30 said:

Which couplings in particular did you use Noel?

Apoligies Keano30 for the late reply,

These are the couplings used for the Mk2ds-they need to be glued under the NEM coupling,they won’t work when inserted into the pocket as it restricts their movement. 

IMG_3170.jpeg

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

Having been inspired by one of Tony Cooke’s photos on the IRRS slide show last night-I recreated the scene earlier on Tara junction….the photo showed a triple header of locomotives consisting of 2x141 coupled to an 001 heading to Northwall from Inchicore to form the evening departures to Westport (2x141s) and the Sligo (001) liner trains 

IMG_3184.jpeg

IMG_3185.jpeg

• Like 11
  • WOW! 1

Is it possible to remove the seats and upholster them? If so, what pattern should they be? I think they reflect a lot of ‘orange’ light that doesn’t look quite correct. I am also thinking of blackening or papering the ceiling and walls. Your peeps look the part.

16 hours ago, TimO said:

Is it possible to remove the seats and upholster them? If so, what pattern should they be? I think they reflect a lot of ‘orange’ light that doesn’t look quite correct. I am also thinking of blackening or papering the ceiling and walls. Your peeps look the part.

No Timo-originally green as far as I can remember-best option is to paint the interior sides and roof for best results. 👍👍

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Lovely shots, @ttc0169, and very attractive models, too!

Shame those two fellows melted into the shadows, they did some good work at times.

Your lighting is excellent, and I love the concrete surfaces.

I'll let you off with a warning over missing your Friday deadline, in light of the high quality of your output.

• Agree 1

Friday night for @DJ Dangerous😜

121 class locomotive 133 serves the platform with the night mail to Dublin,when loading was completed the train was propelled out of the platform and routed to the down main to allow the Tralee-Dublin Heuston Mk3 set hauled by 087 overtake-Enterprise sets are stabled on platforms 1 and 2. 
The permanent way crew on locomotive 049 take a break prior to working a rail train out of the yard. 

IMG_3257.jpeg

IMG_3258.jpeg

IMG_3259.jpeg

• Like 7
  • WOW! 1